Does jet black improve plus "hand feel"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by A777, Sep 27, 2016.

1. A777 macrumors newbie

Curious to hear how the extra grippiness of the jet black changes the "hand feel" of the 7plus?

I have the normal 6 b/c I could never get used to how careful I had to handle the 6plus for fear of it slipping out of my hand. The slick casing combined with the sheer size never made handling the old pluses enjoyable. With the extra grippiness of the JB though, I'm reconsidering.

Specifically, something that I wonder is if the JB actually makes the 7plus more amenable to one-handed use. Are you able to hold the phone in a way that affords you more reach across the device one handed?

Thanks in advance. I've been to the local apple stores but they had few JB pluses on demo and it gets tiring having to deal with the crowds.

2. deadworlds macrumors 6502a

deadworlds

The JB+ is mt first plus size iPhone so I can't compare it against the 6/6s +. I did own an regular 6 and even then I felt the phone was slippery. For me the JB does allow a good grip on the phone and I've been using it naked and with a case. I feel the grip let's you reach across the screen without too much fear of having it slip out. I've really enjoyed using my first + iPhone and would recommend others who are on the edge to give it a shot.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I handled one at my local carrier and it does indeed have more of a grip compared to the 7000 series aluminum. Definitely not at slippery in the hand.

4. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

I switched to the regular 7 from a 6S plus but this jet black is super grippy. I don't see how it wouldn't help. Totally different surface finish. It's still 7000 series aluminum though I believe.

5. A777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear that dw. Sounds like the extra grip makes it easier to use one handed.

Thanks for the link moran10. I did see that earlier but I didn't really see anything beyond "it's grippier".

6. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Came from a 6 Plus and then a 6s Plus both in space gray to a 7 Plus in jet black. The difference is night and day. The two 6 series phones were very slippery. The jet black 7 sticks to your hand perfectly.

7. now i see it macrumors 68000

Loopy Case. You'll never drop a plus when it's in a loopy. Almost impossible.