Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zahni

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2019
I have a MX BT mouse. Does anyone knows, if the Logitech Options works to configure the wheel and the buttons?

Thx in advance.

Reactions: MiniApple

neuts

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
I just (past 5 minutes) installed it and so far it seems to be working, but I have only played with it a little bit. My only issue is getting the new mouse (MX Master 2S) to connect via bluetooth. The usb receiver works fine.

edit2: it is back to being a mess with bluetooth. It seems to be working fine with the usb receiver

Last edited:

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I just (past 5 minutes) installed it and so far it seems to be working, but I have only played with it a little bit. My only issue is getting the new mouse (MX Master 2S) to connect via bluetooth. The usb receiver works fine.

Edit: Mouse connects with Bluetooth fine now. For some reason, It worked when I went through the Logitech connect app. Doesn't make a lot of sense as it still opened the apple bluetooth connection panel to setup the connection.
So you are using the Logitech USB dongle to make the mouse work, or just for the initial set-up. I've got both a MX keyboard and MX 3 mouse. I'm worried about getting them to work with my M1 MacMini when it arrives.

centracore

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
I have Logitech Options installed and working on my M1 MacBook Air but Logitech Flow has been giving me issues - I have it set to hold ctrl and move the mouse to the side of the screen to jump between computers but it seems to be inconsistent at best. Anyone else run into this?

Reactions: Jochheim

neuts

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
Since my last post, bluetooth connectivity is a mess on the mini. The mouse connects but some of the times the computer sleeps, it loses connection and has to be reset through shift-option clicking on the bluetooth icon (with a different mouse) to reset the bluetooth controller. Bluetooth settings will show multple logitech mouse connections but none will actually connect. Sometimes it rapidly connects and disconnects.

I chatted with apple support for the bluetooth issue and they said to reset the SMC by turning off and unplugging cords, the reconnecting everything. It allowed things to reconnect but didnt resolve any issues.

Last night I re-connect the mx2s to the usb dongle (not bluetooth) using the unifying software and it hasnt had an issue since. I would prefer to not use the usb dongle as ports are limited but it works.

I am also using a magic keyboard. It has some isses in reconnecting but it seems to be similar to my last apple keyboard jn that it works more than it doesnt. It is far more stable with bluetooth than the mouse.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have trouble on a MacBook Pro with disconnecting Magic Mouse. My Razer Orochi works just fine as do various keyboards.
My Mac Pro and Intel MacBook work just fine at the same desk.

InsomniacEM

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2020
I have Logitech Options installed and working on my M1 MacBook Air but Logitech Flow has been giving me issues - I have it set to hold ctrl and move the mouse to the side of the screen to jump between computers but it seems to be inconsistent at best. Anyone else run into this?
I've had the same problem using Flow between my Surface and M1 Mac. It switches almost instantly from my Surface to the Mac, but very inconsistent going back. Control+move doesn't seem to make a difference for me - in fact, sometimes it just ignores that setting and switches over when I'm *not* holding Control. The really bizarre issue I see is that sometimes the mouse buttons on the Mac get messed up and both of them do a right-click. I usually have to flip the mouse to another device and back to fix that. I reeeeallly wish the fast-switch keys on my keyboard switched my MX Master 3 over as well, as I'd much rather just switch manually until things get sorted. It's such a pain to flip the mouse upside down to switch it over.

toxotis700

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2020
i have mx master 2s , no problem via bluetooth in my macbook air m1.
Flow works fine, if you have one desktop.
If you have more, then you have to enable CTRL to work right.

Reactions: beastforum

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Logitech Options works fine with my Mini + MX Mouse and Keyboard, with USB receiver.

Haven't tried Bluetooth, people are reporting it's a mess, again.

bloodbuzz_ohio

Cancelled
Dec 1, 2020
Have the MX Master 3 and it's working fine with Logi Options on a MacBook Pro M1.

I mean, there's some issues but not related to the ARM, scrolling could be a lot better but this has been an issue forever.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I have no Bluetooth problems and the app runs without issue for my MX Master 2, but it seems that sometimes the shortcuts freeze out. I have one button set as mission control and it will only open mission control once or twice before not opening it again for a bit.

Dave_O

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2018
Works fine with multiple Logitech on my M1 Mac Mini, both USB receiver and BT. Have WIFI turned off, using Ethernet.

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
If I read correctly some of you have an M1 Macbook or Mini and the Logitech MX Keys keyboard and MX Master mouse work with their proprietary unifying receiver UBS-dongle-thingy normally?
Does the little App "Logitech Unifying Software" also work where you can check and update the firmware if necessary?

I've been having issues with the mouse loosing signal while marking words or lines with the receiver and bluetooth pairing on 2 completley different Windos10 versions ironically...

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
I've had no bluetooth connectivity issues with my MX Keys keyboard or MX3 mouse. However, I am having issues with pretty much all the shortcut buttons on the mouse not working. Only the standard right/left click and center scroll wheel function as they should. None of the other buttons/shortcuts are working

• Wow
Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I've had no bluetooth connectivity issues with my MX Keys keyboard or MX3 mouse. However, I am having issues with pretty much all the shortcut buttons on the mouse not working. Only the standard right/left click and center scroll wheel function as they should. None of the other buttons/shortcuts are working
So you are not using the Logitech USB dongle/receiver??? I’m hoping that will make all functions of the mouse to work.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
So you are not using the Logitech USB dongle/receiver??? I’m hoping that will make all functions of the mouse to work.
No, just connecting both devices to bluetooth. Honestly, I'd have to dig the boxes out of storage to see if there is a dongle. I've never used it before and these functions worked on my previous 2016 MBP

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
It took me a little effort and two different versions of Logi Options but I got the Logitech M720 Triathlon mouse to work correctly with Bluetooth. Also, it didn't work fully until I did a restart. But since then--last week, just before Turkey Day--it's been working fine. Admittedly, I really only use to play games or do large Excel spreadsheets. But, the few times I've used it to play WoW it has worked fine and it keeps my button settings just fine as well.

Also, an aside: I got the M720 Triathlon mouse from Costco, on sale before Thanksgiving, and it only cost $19.99--I think the regular price is $30.00--and it has been a fantastic mouse. It's got multiple buttons, Bluetooth and a dongle and it apparently supports Flow (though I don't use that) so great mouse for the money.

datarocked

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
flow is absolute trash with the M1 MBP for me. Flawless going from PC to MAC but from MAC to PC completely unreliable. easier to press the button underneath. disappointing

Reactions: dsmking
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.