Does my iPhone 6 screen seem normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hoyboy, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Hoyboy macrumors regular

Hi everyone. Just asking for people's opinions on whether my iPhone 6 screen seems a bit patchy towards the top of the screen (especially top right) or whether this is as good as I'm going to get.

Screen definitely appears to be more yellow towards the top rather than the centre when looking at it in person.

Attached Files:

2. BensonTT macrumors regular

BensonTT

3. Mustangjac macrumors member

Mustangjac

You've definitely got some yellow tint up there. Have you had it since launch?

If you've had it more than a week or so, then the typical glue drying time argument wouldn't fit. I'd schedule some time at the Apple store for a replacement.

4. Hoyboy thread starter macrumors regular

I've only had it since Friday. Do you think this could be just the glue drying? Not sure how long to leave it...

5. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Known issue. Two of mine had it. Gave up and went with the 6+ instead.

6. WilliamG macrumors G3

I've not seen any displays that don't tint (iPhone 6/6 Plus) toward the top. It also looks worse in pictures.

Yours actually looks pretty good to me, but again - I'm not seeing it in person.

7. stasha macrumors 6502

you know you pay a lot for that and if you feel its a defect go to apple store and get it replaced,apple is all about satisfaction

8. pullfocus, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

I actually just noticed mine is slightly yellow just around the menu bar.
    Practically imperceptible.

Not enough to get worked up about. I'll live with it.

Plus, I could get worse.

9. Hoyboy thread starter macrumors regular

Ye that's what I'm worried about if I take it back. Don't want to enter the screen lottery!

----------

Ye I'm caught in 2 minds. One side of me thinks I've paid good money for this phone and it should be in theory "perfect" from new and the other side is saying will I actually find a phone with a decent screen or is this the best I'm going to get.

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I don't think it's the glue at all. If you are within your return period, I would definitely have it replaced.

11. Prince9d macrumors newbie

Most phones will have slight discoloration. Pick up any device, open a white image in a dark environment and see for yourself. I still have to see an image of a perfectly even colored display.

That being said, the amount of discoloration will vary between devices and if you are unhappy return it to Apple.

12. cababah macrumors 68000

Eh, it's really a crapshoot. I've looked at some units at the Apple store and it seems like every other phone has it. Getting it replaced or swapped means there is a roughly 50% chance that the new phone will have it too.

Kind of reminds me of what a lot of the iPad Airs have. Why does Apple have such a hard time with display uniformity?

13. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Cutting corners to maintain those sick margins bro.

Most people (98 percent +) won't notice any of this **** why bother right?

14. cababah macrumors 68000

It really makes me see Apple as a better marketing company than it is a product company. They advertise perfection in everything they do and have successfully created this illusion of impeccable build quality...yet their stuff is made in China with all the electronics from every other company.

15. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

It's very tinge in that area. Return it asap.

16. cababah macrumors 68000

Return it asap before that yellow tint at the top hurts someone!

forget 1-800-MYAPPLE dial 911 pronto.

17. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Why would this. Are the OP want a 6 Plus?

18. pendragon1984 macrumors 6502

I think that a lot of Apple's customers don't notice these imperfections, and Apple knows how to best keep it's margins insanely high.

However, Apple also offers a no questions asked return/replacement policy the first 14 days. So, I say you replace it as many times as they will let you until you get a phone with a screen that looks like those on their website.

Of course, you'll probably get worn out after a few times. I'm awaiting my third replacement right now.

19. Ruprict macrumors newbie

A Foxxcon worker peed on the top. Return asap.

20. Caesars macrumors regular

21. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I really don't think this is the kind of thing we can judge based on a picture. And generally speaking, if you have to ask if something is a problem, it's probably not. That said, if it bothers you, look into getting it replaced.

22. Hoyboy thread starter macrumors regular

Ye I could live with it if I had to. I was mainly asking to see if it was a common problem. Also to get an opinion on how likely it is that I could get a phone with a screen thats the same or worse.

23. David126 macrumors newbie

That looks good compared to mine, all the refurbs at my local Apple Store had dead/stuck pixels..it was unreal to have the genius go back 3 times and I still ended up w the one i took in

24. WilliamG macrumors G3

There are no refurbs yet. They're all brand new, in slim white boxes.

25. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Actually think those a repackaged returns. And you have to wonder why they were returned in the first place.