Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mirr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2022
Malaysia
I always carry my phone and keep it in the pocket of my cargo pants which is at the knee. when I walk, my phone and my knee will collide every time. Is there an effect on the phone due to the vibration or violation?

• Haha
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

iMelhado

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2018
United States
I do wonder if you hit it just hard enough to make it shake enough, vibrate enough. Will you trigger the car accident feature. . .

Otherwise, you're fine. I don't think a problem will arise out of it. It's not like you're dropping it every 5 minutes.

Reactions: Mirr

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
I do wonder if you hit it just hard enough to make it shake enough, vibrate enough. Will you trigger the car accident feature. . .

Otherwise, you're fine. I don't think a problem will arise out of it. It's not like you're dropping it every 5 minutes.
It is hitting soft tissue - but why spend mental energy on something as trivial as this. The answer is easy.

I have an issue with a Linux cellphone in development as removing the sim card results in the phone changing distros (from Ubuntu Touch to KDE Plasma - for those in the know). I’m on my own and literally nobody on earth can help me or cares. Linux phones are dying and there is one - one - person left working on the kernel. And yet Linux is free for all to use. Smartphones can become the great democratic enabler or the great enslaver, but nobody concentrates on this. Samsung has like 40,000 programmers and I bet most of what they do is superficial fluff to get people to buy the products.

Forget about scrapes and scratches on a phone, on a thing. You are all better off not tying your self-worth to physical objects, and rather to self-actualization. Sure the people on the street won’t see your value as a human being as per what is inside, but that is a better thing than the commercial model of empty vessels that are only judged by what is hanging around their bodies.

I guess it’s pointless.

Reactions: Fred Zed

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
It is hitting soft tissue - but why spend mental energy on something as trivial as this. The answer is easy.

I have an issue with a Linux cellphone in development as removing the sim card results in the phone changing distros (from Ubuntu Touch to KDE Plasma - for those in the know). I’m on my own and literally nobody on earth can help me or cares. Linux phones are dying and there is one - one - person left working on the kernel. And yet Linux is free for all to use. Smartphones can become the great democratic enabler or the great enslaver, but nobody concentrates on this. Samsung has like 40,000 programmers and I bet most of what they do is superficial fluff to get people to buy the products.

Forget about scrapes and scratches on a phone, on a thing. You are all better off not tying your self-worth to physical objects, and rather to self-actualization. Sure the people on the street won’t see your value as a human being as per what is inside, but that is a better thing than the commercial model of empty vessels that are only judged by what is hanging around their bodies.

I guess it’s pointless.
Personally, I don't give a rats posterior about what "the people on the street" see, do, or think (assuming they have that capability)!

iMelhado

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2018
United States

I guess it’s pointless.

Thank you for sharing that rather dark outlook you have on life.

Reactions: mpavilion

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Thank you for sharing that rather dark outlook you have on life.
I was in a room with 15 Presidents of nations almost exactly a month ago and that will give you an even darker outlook on life. And yes I’m not making that up…

Actually I was making that up - my bad… 🤣

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.