Does Siri meet your expectations?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zepaw, Oct 14, 2011.

?

How do you feel about Siri?

1. Better than expected.

24 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Just as good as I thought it would be.

39 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Disappointing

18 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. I don't have an iPhone 4s

23 vote(s)
    22.1%
  1. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Count me as pleased. Recognizes more of what I say than anything else I have tried and it streamlines a lot of iphone functions.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Love it. Just asked it to give me the weekly forecast for Palatka Florida, since I have to go there this week. No problem.

Well, except for the fact that it's supposed to be stormy on Tuesday.

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I think the shape of the iPhone 4S kinda makes her butt look big.

4. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

I didn't really have expectations, I had no idea if I'd find it easy to use or get over the fact I'm talking to my phone. But, in the end, it's a neat feature and I'm sure it will expand greatly. I'm going to have to play around with it some more. I do like the whole integrated-speech-to-text. Sending messages is now much easier, although I wish I could have them read..

5. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I voted for just as good-

In the texting app the speech recognition works really well for me, but on asking Siri to do stuff, eg "Siri, what causes lightning?" "Siri, google search lightning," it would keep replying with 'sorry i didn't get that.'

What would be really cool is if there was a calibration you could do. Something like read a few paragraphs to it so it learns your voice. Maybe this is beyond the scope of an iPhone or Siri... for now.

----------

i see nothing wrong with that.

6. odishaw macrumors newbie

siri is good for a few things that ive tried out, but defiantly disappointing that doesn't work with maps in any way for Canada.

7. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Are there proper roads in Canada?

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

9. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Pfffft. Who needs roads. They are for the weak.

----------

Nope. She won't give me a show despite me turning her on.

10. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I think is really good specially driving, but one thing the comes on handy a lot is reminders and Siri to set them up for you lol, I always forgot to pay these or pick up milk after work so it helps me to stay more organized :) the lazy way ha ha

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Count me among the impressed. When I asked her to "call my wife" wanting to figure out how she'd know, she asks me for her name, and when she finds her in my contacts, asks me if I want her to remember that relationship. I then ask her to "locate my wife", and she launches Find My Friends and shows me exactly where she's at.

Bwhahahahahahahaha

12. bradkane macrumors newbie

Early beta. Seems more like a quasi-useful demo than a real feature.

Looking forward to a robust, fully-implemented version with a lexicon 100X the size and third party apps that make the system useful.

Glad I bought the phone for the camera and faster processing speed....

13. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Wow my wife would love to do that to me , oh well I left her with a nexus s for now, and no mentioning the feature lol

14. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I'm very happy and it exceeds my expectations. Aside from goofing around with Siri, it is very useful for basic tasks. I agree with the notion that it would be nice to execute commands for apps, but it is still very green. Apple has the ability to take a feature to the next level and the current version is only a stepping stone.

I suspect they will include more languages and implement control of apps such as one's contacts. The implementation of Siri into iWork would be awesome. I heard from an Apple employee that there is an app for using the 4s as a remote control for keynote, now that's clever and intuitive!

15. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Was this meant to be a sex joke?

16. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

add an almost as good as expected. and Ill vote for that.

Siri is great, really amazing compared to other voice controls, but it still has a few bugs and isn't quite spot on with its voice recognition. Id say its about 85% about what I expected. And I expected it to be just as good as apple said it was. So thats still pretty damn good.