Does the 349$ starting price includes the strap??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ByteTheBooty, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ByteTheBooty macrumors regular

I know that nobody knows for sure, but I was just curious to know if the rumoured starting price of 349$ includes the straps....so basically if i would pay that price, I should have a functional apple watch and strap?

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Pretty much guaranteed to include the rubber sports band.

3. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

we really don't. you'll find out soon enough though :)

4. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

But realistically, there's no way Apple will sell you a $349 watch without a band.

5. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

It certainly seems unlikely to me. But anything's possible.

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

$349 will get you a complete watch (body + band). Apple has never played pricing games to that extent.

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

exactly... apple has always been decent to product packages. they never screw people over. expensive, but never screw people on product packages and what comes with it.

8. EthanLMT macrumors regular

EthanLMT

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Have you ever heard of a wristwatch sold without a strap?

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You are WRIONG, Apple just invented the watch and this will be the first time one has ever been sold or used. We still don't even know what the strap is for but Apple said we need one or more. So I hope Apple tells us tomorrow.:eek:

11. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

No, but neither have I heard of a watch where one of the main features are actually the interchangeable straps. It would make sense for Apple to sell the watches without straps, so you can personalize it to your taste. Rather than having a strap you don't want just because it came with the watch.

I think the $349 is WITHOUT strap and you have to buy that separately.

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Then why does Apple training material say ""Would you like additional bands to suit different occasions" if didn't come with one?

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'd think Apple would want to upsell by forcing you to buy additional straps. More revenue for them.

Apple isn't going to be a nice guy, including selling the Editon models at or below cost like some here are hoping.

14. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I think someone picked the wrong topic to play Devil's Advocate on.

Also, earbuds that come with an iPhone.

15. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I don't see any reason why not. Maybe they will box the Watch and strap separately. For instance, say you wanted a Silver Sport watch, which is shown on Apple's website to come with a white strap, but instead you want a black strap. In the box would be just the watch body, but you could choose any sport strap and the price will still be $349. Then, if you wanted to upgrade and not get a sport strap at all, you could just pay a little more to upgrade to a more premium strap.

16. rkuo macrumors 6502a

Guys, the basic strap will be something simple like black or white and to customize you will get up sold to another strap. It's blindingly obvious. You will NOT get a customizable look at the lowest basic price point. That's not how Apple works. Learn to love black or white straps if you are cheap! Apple does not sell incomplete products but they don't always sell you what you want at the lowest price point either!

17. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Since the watch is basically useless when not on your wrist of course the $349 includes the strap. The cheapest version of Sport, Watch and Edition will come with a black or white fluroelastemer band and if you want something nicer you upgrade or buy a second band.

18. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

If it doesn't come with a strap, I'm buying it without a strap. I'd go home and tape it to my wrist until a third party strap comes on the market.

In all seriousness, it has to come with a strap. And if it does, it has to meet the $350 price.

A more interesting question is whether the rubber strap is automatically included even if you order your watch with a leather or metal strap.

19. docprego macrumors 65816

I think every watch will come with a strap. There will be the preconfigured watch/band combinations that Apple shows on their site. The prices will increase accordingly depending on the band and watch case.

I also think just about all the straps will be available for purchase separately. The prices will be slightly more than they would be if purchased as a watch/strap combination.

Seems like a huge accessory (high margin) opportunity for them. They will not leave this money on the table.

20. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I don't think its a watch if you can't actually wear it on your wrist (and please don't say pocket watch)

21. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Maybe they'll have an option to buy it with a chain, a vest, and monocle. Then you can be a fancy man!

[​IMG]

22. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

23. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

I kinda doubt it will, but the price could always include a separately packaged strap. I could see it working where, if you ordered online, the watch was assembled with your strap of choice, but if you buy it in a store they come packaged separately and the store person offers to put it together for you.

That would totally make sense to me.

Of course, they could also make it $349 for the watch and $59 for a rubber strap. That would be pretty amusing.

24. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yeah I believe the $349 will include the Sport band in whatever color you want. The places Apple will make the most money will be on selling the bigger size ($50 premium minimum) and on spare bands.

Now, one thing I have been thinking about is they will be packaged separately except for the Space Gray/Black and Edition models. This way, the store doesn't have to stock multiple variations on the same Watch. You'll pick what collection you want (Sport/Aluminum, Regular/SS, Edition/Gold) then the size (38 or 42mm). From there Apple will have a wall of the different bands that you'll be able to select from. You'll be able to get any Sport band (included the price) no matter what color, case size, or wrist size (since according to screen shots the bands will come in S/M/L sizes).

Now the Gold ones are going to be a weird one. Most of the bands are copies of the SS model's bands but with gold accenting (I.e. The gold pin on the Sport band). These will either come bundled with the Watch in 1 box or will be kept separate in the safe at each store (I'd bet the latter).

The Space Gray/Black models will be extremely weird. The Space Gray Sport and Space Black SS model have not been pictured without their matching band (or bands on other models) on the Apple site and considering the bands are color matched (Sport band has Space Gray pin, link bracelet is Space Black) I'm willing to bet these models will be pre-packaged. The only way to get a replacement band for one of these would be to go through AppleCare/Genius Bar or deal with a mis-matched band.

25. taedouni macrumors 65816

Them not selling an Apple Watch without a strap is like them selling an iMac without a keyboard and mouse/trackpad. You can't use the device without a strap so it will be included.

My question is how will we get to chose the strap. Will we get to chose one while ordering (and if we chose a strap other than the sports one we probably would get a surcharge).