Does the Ipad 2 Internet browsing still refresh?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rirawin, Mar 26, 2011.

1. rirawin macrumors regular

I been reading the stories and seen the videos, however, I hear people are still saying the problem persists?.

2. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

3. newdeal macrumors 68020

Not nearly as much. Safaris tab system sucks anyway may as well use icab

4. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Ugh no? Actually it really never happens. Not in my experience anyways. Then again, I don't have needless amounts of tabs open all the time either. The lack of refreshing has been my favorite part so far of the iPad 2

5. caubeck macrumors 6502

Internet is fast, tabs are not constantly refreshing even with 9 open. It happens far less at least. The experience is much better.

6. rirawin thread starter macrumors regular

With the Ipad1 I used Atomic browser and I only had 3 tabs open but it always keeps refreshing if I switch tabs. Now the issue is whether to go for V2, if it happens rarely then yes I be happy but if not not sure if its worth it.

7. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

It still happens and it shouldn't. Don't try to excuse Apple.

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

In rare occasions it does refresh but it's not a big issue for me. It's better than the iPad 1 by a whole lot.

9. adrianeitor92 macrumors newbie

I agree with you

It happens the same to me

10. rirawin thread starter macrumors regular

But how much better is it for day to day use?. I mean the issue is I love the Ipad but its primary main use was for browsing. If it keeps refreshing all the time then its going to drive me nuts like before. Heck, even my HTC Desire Dolphin Browser does not even refresh with 6 pages open and its a fricking mobile.

11. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

But compared to the iPad 1 - is it as prevalent? This ALWAYS bugged me - if your browser can't hold 1 or 2 tabs in memory it can't really be the 'light car' you need.

12. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

I would say it is slightly improved with the iPad 2.

13. rirawin thread starter macrumors regular

Slight improvement?. Thats a complete farce then if watching the youtube videos, I was under the impression the problem was corrected.

14. Cool Hwhip macrumors member

There is a reason it does that... If you use a Mac you're not bright enough to understand why anyway.

15. rirawin thread starter macrumors regular

16. coldpower27 macrumors regular

Yup, for my iPad2 it still does from time to time.. But I keep slot of stuff open in the background...

17. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

A family guy based screen name and comments like this.

It's like I can almost see you.

18. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

The issue is not fixed.

Infact I'm writing this post with my iPad 2 and I changed tabs in safari while writing this post and the page refreshed.

19. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I'd say it's better on iPad 2. Still happens but less frequently. The overall browsing experience on iPad 2 is faster. That is for sure.

20. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

5 tabs open in Safari right now: this thread, MR Forum Spy, a Wiki page, and a couple of simple pages. I just flipped between them randomly, and none of them refreshed. I'm positive some would have with iPad 1. If a page does refresh, it loads significanty faster. As others have said, it's a much better experience on iPad 2.

21. fishmoose macrumors 68000

It does for me, but I do have a lot of apps in their saved state in the multitasking bar.

22. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

Yes they still refresh for me but not as often or even close to as often as before. I thought it was supposed to be fixed as well and saw in reviews that it was..... But it isn't on my end for some reason or anyone else in this thread.

It is better for sure however. I think the issue must lie in the page itself, perhaps what kind of content/ads that it is running. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

24. The Governor macrumors regular

I have to say I was quite hesitant about buying an iPad just for this reason. But after playing with mine for awhile, I have yet to have ANY refresh of my open webpages.

This is true on my iPad 2 and wife's brand new iPad 1 (verzion blowout sale).

I can't believe I'm the only one with no issues?

25. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Um why not? It has 512mb of ram and apps are suspended in ram as well. It depends how many apps you have running. The more you have, the less is available for tabs. What is the need to have more than 3-4 at a time anyways? I just don't get it. As apps need more ram, it will get rid of tabs. Simple really. As long as you don't leave too many apps "suspended", you won't have a problem with refreshing tabs