Does this case exist?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rocko1, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I need a case for my iphone 5. I need the thinnest, lightest case with full edge protection-sides and top/bottom- and lay on table design. Is there such a case? Thx.

2. macandmercedes macrumors member

Lifeproof case

The thinnest case that offers complete protection that I'm aware of is the Lifeproof case.

3. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

lol lifeproof

4. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

There has to be a lighter less bulky case than lifeproof. The Speck Candyshell is along the lines, but too thick.

5. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

6. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

That is nice. Thanks.

7. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Yes. There is. The Belkin Grip Candy Sheer. The only other possible competitor would be the Speck PixelSkin HD.

The SwitchEasy Tones has several reports of horrible wear from normal use, such as the camera cutout wearing down and the TPU component of the case becoming dirty. The 2nd issue usually applies to lighter colors, and of course, it could happen to the two cases I mentioned, because that's just the nature of TPU.

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

9. xxbenbenxx macrumors newbie

10. Pjr772 macrumors member

Try ZooGue. Used them on my 4s. Great case IMO

11. grimy macrumors member

I have the zero pro 5, it is the tiniest minimalistic case that still has a slight lip to protect front screen that I could find. I love it, I was aiming to find a clear border clear back but ended up with a frost border clear back. I have another one enroute with black borders though and another one of there cases in "clear"

Certain headphone jacks are a tight fit.

Customer service listened to my complaints on my dissatisfaction with color and comped me a few cases too. Very satisfied overall!

12. CaleM3 macrumors member

Grimy- how big is the port for the lightning connector on the Zero Pro 5? I am curious to see if this would support the cable version (0.2m) lightning to 30-pin adapter without having to modify anything. I have the Spigen Slim Armor and the adapter does not fit because the hole isn't big enough. I am between this and the Power Support Air Jacket at this point, but would like lay on the table support. This would fit the bill I believe...

13. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

14. grimy macrumors member

The adapter you use does it new to plug into the phone and sit flush against it? I've never used the adapters but the ones I've seen online images show to use an adapter with a case it needs to have a very long opening for the 30pin adapter as it sits flush right up against the phone.

The lightning port is covered with a small covering that covers the lightening port on this case. Did you take a look at the caze thread linked in the thread? I posted up some high res photos in that thread that may answer your question.

15. CaleM3 macrumors member

I am using the official apple adapter (not the one that sits flush, but the one that has a cable). See below. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m

This adapter has a wider piece of plastic compared to the regular lightning cable.

16. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

That is disgusting....

17. Illest macrumors newbie

18. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Actually, RichardC300 and loveLeino are right: The Belkin Grip Candy Sheer TPU case would fit your bill. It's flexible, protects all around including the front and comes in so many colors that you should easily find something that suits your preference.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Arelunde, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I second the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer (above). I bought mine at a Vz store and, even though I've bought a ton more cases of all kinds (Defender to shell), I keep going back to this one.

It's firm yet flexible, smooth and comfortable in the hand, doesn't scratch, has a good edge around the front, but that tapers nicely and is very unobtrusive. Easy to get on and off, but definitely not sloppy loose. Buttons are covered, yet easy to push, ports are open. There's a thin black edge around the camera opening, which is large but not HUGE. There are dividers between the mic and speakers, which eliminates mic feedback. Callers say I sound perfectly clear on speaker (they can't tell difference between speaker and regular).

It's a quality build all around ... AND has some really nice color combos. The bumper area is solid color and the back/front edge is a semi-transparent color. Mine has a blue bumper with a frosted clear back and front edge. I love it!

And, yes, I do have a full-size screen protector on. ;)

20. RTbar macrumors regular

another vote for the belkin...its the best all around compromise between thinness, grip, hand ergonomics, looks and protection

21. ceezy macrumors member

How much of a difference between it and the Belkin View Case?

I like the Grip Candy Sheer and I like your "review" of it, but not really into the colors for a white iPhone. I like the White/Clear View Case...I know it will show some scratches on the back case but do you think it will be close to the protection of the Candy Sheer? Wish the Candy Sheer had a Frost or White...any other recommendations also appreciated.
    :)

22. grimy, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

grimy macrumors member

I think it would fit, here is a zoomed in photo with the port pulled back. Since mine is frost, I can put it on my wife's iphone 5 and take a few photos on it for you to give you an idea how it would look.

Attached Files:

23. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Tried a few TPU cases. While light and thin, qaulity is just not there. I think I am leaning towards the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer, but the mixed reviews worry me a bit.

The Zero 5 looks nice as well, I would have to cut off the covers though as I use the ports just to much to have to peel them open constantly.

Thanks for all who replied, I appreciate the input!

24. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Blasphemy! I have yet to find a bad review on this case! The only problem could be the lighter colors becoming dirty over the span of...a very long time, but this is a common problem for ALL TPU cases..

25. mackandproud macrumors 6502

Jesus, it's $2, and you're still complaining. Every case reviewed on this forum is criticized as being 'too bulky,' even the belkin. What do you think you're going to get in a $2 case? Is it going to be made of an invisible, zero weight, no wait, negative weight force field that cocoons your phone in an invisible swirling field of electrons?