Does your Iphone 4s button rotates a bit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tadziak, Jan 8, 2012.

1. tadziak macrumors regular

Hello,
    I noticed in my new Iphone 4s that the home button is not 100% fixed. What I mean is that you can noticable (15-20 degrees) turn it left/right when you press it with your finger and turn a bit. It's visible because then the square painted on the button is not in line with the screen, edges of the phone.

Has anybody noticed that? It's nothing really that affects the phone's functionality, but it spoils the looks when you can see that the button is not 'straight' and i have to align it from time to time by turning it with my finger back into the correct position..

I attach a photo to show you the problem.[​IMG]

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

3. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Get it exchanged. I had one similar in my iPad and when pressing it was stiff

4. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

This is my 5th Iphone 4s. First two had yellow screen, next two had "no service problem". This is one has a very nice screen, no battery problem or 'no service' issue. The only glitch is that home button, but so far it's purely cosmetic, so I'm a bit afraid to make another swap...

5. applemessiah macrumors member

Id swap it. the button is not properly attached to the home button flex cable. Could cause problems in the future. just my 0.02

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nope but my button wiggles a little from left to write

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

If you aren't having any other issues with the phone then I wouldn't exchange it.

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

At least take it in and make them note it on your account. They'll likely offer to exchange it for you (then you can decide there) but if you don't want to, just explain to them the problems that you've already had and that you want to keep this one but should something happen to the home button down the line, you want to have it noted in your account. I don't see how they can have a huge beef with that...

9. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

exchange it. that is unacceptable. you paid either $650 or $200 + a 2 year contract for this device.

I'm pretty sure they will exchange it.

10. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for a reasonable advice, I might try that. I just really don't want to risk having another phone replaced, because they all have some issues. Some have yellow screens, others no service problems, others battery drain problems and others bad pixels...

11. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I did the same swap for this. Twice. Trust me it isn't worth it. Just try your best to ignore it. If the presses register accurately don't tempt the fates to screw you over later.

12. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

Hi, thanks for your input. Does it mean that you swapped your iphone twice because of the home button 'rotating/being loose' and two devices had the same issue? Did you finally give up and sticked with it or the last device is finally perfect?

Ps. That button usually looks barely 'crooked' - it positions itself when normally used, in this position (photo bellow):
    [​IMG]

It doesn't really look bad if you don't look very closely.

13. nefa macrumors member

just live with it, not worth to exchange a normal working phone for something like that...

14. DanHolderman macrumors member

I noticed that my home button was also askew just a tiny bit. I was a bit puzzled that Apple (that has a reputation of striving for perfection) would let this slip by.

I have not noticed any other issues with the phone and this is the most amazing phone on the market today.

I hope that this tiny cosmetic flaw is will be the only issue that this phone will have. I plan on using this phone for the next 2-3 years.

15. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Hey bro,

Sorry I didn't clarify.

iPhone number 1 had a crooked button that could be rotated by pressing and turning. Was replaced for being crooked. Cosmetic.

Number 2 was perfectly aligned. Somehow it too became crooked. Even worse it started having a two-stage feel to it. And it made an audible crunch/click noise if you brushed your finger on it. Eff that.

Finally my current iPhone is maybe 5-10 degrees crooked but I just learned to ignore it. Trust me it's a slippery slope.

16. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Seriously, exchange that for a model you are happy with, you paid enough money to deserve an immaculate handset.

17. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

I would exchange. It's ridiculous to pay a huge amount of money for a device not 100% perfect

18. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

I advise exchange!

Sorry Apple but the price tag on the 4S is ridiculous and you know Steve Jobs wouldn't tolerate not good looking iPhones right?

19. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Lol, on my iPod touch 2nd Gen, I could take and spin the home button, and it had issues closing apps and made a "click" sound when you pressed it. Also the button sat lower than the rest of the glass. Why does this kind of thing happen?

20. iPhonePaul macrumors newbie

2 week old 4S with same issue

I was hoping apple wouldn't start dropping the ball after Steve Jobs passing but he antenna isn't Fixed and now a sloppy home button... Mine s slightly turned to the right. It's not bad but annoying that $679.00 and it has ****** hardware. I'm returning mine ASAP. My suggestion is do not accept a refurb and inspect it fully prior o leaving the store. Why apple still uses he home button is simple, MONEY! Everybody will face a time when the warranty expires and you have no choice but to try to fix the button or pay apple again for a new iPhone. If you buy a iPhone GET APPLE CARE+ and never settle!

21. batting1000 macrumors 604

I've had this on two 4S's and two iPod touches. I don't think its a defect.

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Where the hell are you getting your iPhones replaced? At an Apple store, your carrier, or via mail.

I would advise to go to another Apple store or do opposite of how your exchanging.