Doesn't this just make your blood boil?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thetruth1985, Mar 28, 2011.

1. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I've yet to understand why people get so enraged when they are not affected (either directly or indirectly) by the machinations of a free market. There may be a sucker born every minute, but if the two parties come away from a transaction happy, who are you to judge (unless the buyer has some obvious mental defect upon which the seller is playing).

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No. It doesn't affect me. It is not hurting me or anyone I know and it is falled a free market. Live and let live.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Blood boil? Hardly. In fact I'm mildly amused by it. Hey, if the seller can get it done more power to him. It's no skin off my back.

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

I agree. If anyone is stupid enough to take that deal, that's on them. Why he didn't go get an original from Verizon to begin with, only God knows :)

5. ravenas macrumors regular

No. The people who went back to the store and scooped up all the iPads before 8am the first week after release JUST to resell them for a 200% markup make my blood boil. This guy's trying to work a trade. An old iPad1 (used and not refreshed or re-warranted like the refurb models Apple's selling) for a brand new shrink-wrapped model.

6. Cool Hwhip macrumors member

OP, you should have stayed in school so you dot have to work at McDonald's. Maybe the. You could have nice things.

7. mcdj, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Oh man here we go. Now scalper means anyone with a single iPad 2 for sale or trade? Please people, dispense with the drama and get on with your lives.

Clearly this is someone who bought the iPad 2, doesn't see a compelling reason to keep it vs the iPad 1, and would rather cash out at market value (and even a tad below) while nabbing a cheapo 16gb iPad 1 for personal use. This does not strike me as someone who repeatedly stands in line and hoards iPads for resale.

*EDIT* I just realized the OP has read the ad completely wrong in multiple ways. Good job.

8. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Scalper might be too big for enraged OP to whoop his arse.

10. deeddawg, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

deeddawg macrumors 604

Really? Why does this make you angry and incite you to violence against a complete stranger?

11. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Doesn't bother me one bit. Not in the slightest. In fact, I hope this guy gets every penny he is asking for.

12. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Because internet rage is all the rage!

14. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

do you think there will ever be therapy or classes to control "internet rage"?

perhaps xkcd said it best...someone is wrong on the internet.

15. gtmac macrumors 6502a

16. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think it's crazy he wants 450 and the iPad 1 for a product he paid 599 + tax for...doesn't make sense to me but I'm in the majority that it's a free country and if someone likes the deal then more power to them

I can also see the point of, he bought iPad 2 to resell and kept someone that wanted it for their own use from getting one. I'd be more concerned that the iPad 2 is open, non shrink-wrapped but yeah other than that free market

17. Cool Hwhip macrumors member

If businesses/people bought and sold goods at the same price they paid for them, they'd be out of business. You do understand this, right?

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

^^That. What usually makes my blood boil is carelessness (my own). For instance:

1) when I am careless in how I sew a seam in a quilt or quilt block I am constructing, and have to rip it out, and my seam ripper is not in arm's reach, and when I retrieve it, and finally rip the seam and resew it, it falls wrong again. Time for a coffee break!

2) when I am careless in making a single cup of coffee and pour water too fast and get coffee grounds between the filter and the filter cone...

3) being so careless as to fall for a thread title like this one on a precious coffee break.

20. deeddawg macrumors 604

Not arguing, just commenting -- end result is the same: someone who wants and ipad2 gets one. The difference is that the owner ends up being someone who has effectively paid someone else to go stand in line.

Either way, the ipad lands in the hands of someone who wanted it NOW badly enough to wait in line for it or pay someone else to do so for them.

21. elan123 macrumors 6502

Agreed... why are some people so uptight? good lord.

22. thetruth1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

So since it seems that the general consensus here is that this is such a great deal, who here would go through with a deal like this? Anyone?

23. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Of course I understand that...but it's called scalping when a person does it (as I'm sure he isn't an authorized reseller) not a store that's all I'm saying...as I said in my first post which you apparently didn't read, I don't have a problem with him doing it if people want to trade with him