Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
You can always play the waiting game while I get the S9 why not wait for the LG v40 wait for the note 9 or instead just wait for the iPhone x 2.

I do think the S9 will get 6GB, due to how much smoother the Note 8 is extra RAM.

I want the 6 GB of RAM but not with the price tag of the Note 8. Guess that's why I'm okay with waiting. I keep jumping on a new device and end up not getting what I want out of it.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
But you're continuing to post here by choice. Nobody is holding a gun to your face.

Nobody held a gun to the OP’s face to post in the iPhone forum, urging people to not buy an iPhone released soon, which we know pretty much everything about, in favor of a Samsung which we know nothing about, released at unknown time. What’s your point?

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Actually Nubia (ZTE sub brand) is going to release an smartphone which already looks better than the iPhone X.

id699931_1.jpg

id699931_1.jpg

jeremiah256

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
Southern California
I've used almost every iPhone, several iPads, iPods from audio only click wheel to the video model before the Touch; Apple TVs, the new Beats X headphones, and Macs since the iBook G3. The vast majority of the devices I've purchased and used from Apple met my productivity, creative, and entertainment needs while also provided me with a device that I also enjoyed using.

No other vendor/manufacturer can claim this.

Sorry OP, but my hesitation on whether it's worth it to purchase the latest iPhone (8 or X) in no way means I'm ready to abandon a trusted company, not to mention my workflow and ecosystem, just because Samsung is showing me some (admittedly sexy) leg. What kinda boy do you think I am?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
You can't control anyone but yourself.

True. So the mystery is really why you’re replying to me, in a conversation you’re not involved in, while expecting to get the result of me not posting. There’s a really obvious way to get the result you’re hoping for.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Ok, maybe wrong wording, you are very defensive when someone says something about Samsung, but when iPhone is bagged not so, is that better?
[doublepost=1505862327][/doublepost]

I disagree, i think they should can it, it's the same old people over and over with their bias against anything Apple, and anyone that has anything to say about Samsung in particular is named a troll or dismissed as a amateur.
Sure some have both which is good, but there is seperate forums you can go to..
Then we can agree to disagree......
So let me ask you this.....why does talking about Samsung, Google, OPO, LG, and other Android OEMs make you feel uncomfortable as an iPhone owner? Do you feel threatened? The Alternative section is out of the way and not easy to find so its not like it is in your face. So why does discussion about phones make you act like a Apple apologist? Why does open discussion make you defensive about iPhones?
[doublepost=1505910922][/doublepost]
There is. Android Central, Android Authority (i’m pulling these out my ass admittedly) etc. etc.

How do you know? Why where you or anyone else trying to talk about Android at AppleInsider? The clue is in the name there.

Why? Is there an Apple subforum at Android Central or Android Authority or Galaxy Forums? No? Why not? It seems fairly obvious. They don’t belong there. You could go to 9to5Mac, or AppleInsider or MacRumors. Except the latter has a reputation for being toxic and this subforum, imvho, is one of the primary reasons.

“Knowledge is a good thing”. “Having open intelligent discussion is always a benefit”

That’s not what happens though. This is pretty much a hugbox with cursory affectations of being otherwise. Unless someone comes in, prostrate to the charms of Samsung, exactly what happened in this thread happens.
There are other Apple site out there too.....so?

The discussion in these threads was going along nicely until a few Apple apologist felt threatened by it.....
They don't want people to discuss other phones because they feel threatened somehow.

It is only when the Apple apologist come into the Alternative threads does the discussion get the way you describe......
[doublepost=1505911143][/doublepost]
True. So the mystery is really why you’re replying to me, in a conversation you’re not involved in, while expecting to get the result of me not posting. There’s a really obvious way to get the result you’re hoping for.
When you post on an internet forum........the discussion is open to everyone. That is how people share ideas and thoughts. Its a really beautiful thing......so if you want to only speak privately with someone i would suggest a private PM.

Reactions: Septembersrain

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
So let me ask you this.....why does talking about Samsung, Google, OPO, LG, and other Android OEMs make you feel uncomfortable as an iPhone owner? Do you feel threatened?

It doesn't and no.

The Alternative section is out of the way and not easy to find

Which would be dandy of it didn't leak it's bile all over the other boards.

There are other Apple site out there too.....so?

Quite literally unrelated to the block you quoted.

When you post on an internet forum........the discussion is open to everyone.

Again, unrelated to what you quoted.

Can't imagine why you bothered.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
It doesn't and no.

Which would be dandy of it didn't leak it's bile all over the other boards.

Quite literally unrelated to the block you quoted.

Again, unrelated to what you quoted.

Can't imagine why you bothered.
You really don't want to discuss things in a real fashion do you. You have your agenda and that is all you care about. Your responses say all I need to know about you and what you want to accomplish.

You have no intention of openly discussing things. Have a great day bud...I'm out.....

Reactions: Septembersrain

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
You really don't want to discuss things in a real fashion do you. You have your agenda and that is all you care about. Your responses say all I need to know about you and what you want to accomplish.

You have no intention of openly discussing things. Have a great day bud...I'm out.....

Here's a discussion point for you : The "alternatives" section (let's be honest and call it the android section since there are no other viable alternatives) is the poison in the well of the Macrumors forums.

OK, bye.

Reactions: FFR

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Here's a discussion point for you : The "alternatives" section (let's be honest and call it the android section since there are no other viable alternatives) is the poison in the well of the Macrumors forums.

OK, bye.
Then why do you choose to participate in the poison? It really says a lot about a person that chooses to be so negative about other's likes and or dislikes. I think the poison is the Apple apologist that comes in here trolls and claims this section is "poison" and shouldn't exist....yet seems to post here a lot :rolleyes:
poison in the well of the Macrumors forums.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Not spending 1000+ on smartphone. Any 500 dollars smartphone would do just fine. Heck, even Moto E preformed beautifully. Days of 1000+ smartphones are gone. Don't care about iPhone X (it will end my in my drawer just like iPhone 6S) nor about S9. I am happy with my Huawei and Moto
[doublepost=1505914973][/doublepost]
I've used almost every iPhone, several iPads, iPods from audio only click wheel to the video model before the Touch; Apple TVs, the new Beats X headphones, and Macs since the iBook G3. The vast majority of the devices I've purchased and used from Apple met my productivity, creative, and entertainment needs while also provided me with a device that I also enjoyed using.

No other vendor/manufacturer can claim this.

Sorry OP, but my hesitation on whether it's worth it to purchase the latest iPhone (8 or X) in no way means I'm ready to abandon a trusted company, not to mention my workflow and ecosystem, just because Samsung is showing me some (admittedly sexy) leg. What kinda boy do you think I am?

You know what else you can do? I exclusively using Android and Google, I can access all my stuff from anywhere, wethers Windows, Android or iPad. I can go edit some documents and continue to do so in Windows or iPad. I edited a video or pictures on Android phone, I can access that with iPad or Windows PC.

When you put yourself in wall gardened system, you are looking for difficulties. Open means more productivities.

jeremiah256

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
Southern California
Not spending 1000+ on smartphone. Any 500 dollars smartphone would do just fine. Heck, even Moto E preformed beautifully. Days of 1000+ smartphones are gone. Don't care about iPhone X (it will end my in my drawer just like iPhone 6S) nor about S9. I am happy with my Huawei and Moto
[doublepost=1505914973][/doublepost]

You know what else you can do? I exclusively using Android and Google, I can access all my stuff from anywhere, wethers Windows, Android or iPad. I can go edit some documents and continue to do so in Windows or iPad. I edited a video or pictures on Android phone, I can access that with iPad or Windows PC.

When you put yourself in wall gardened system, you are looking for difficulties. Open means more productivities.
And you probably do this by using cloud services and cross platform apps, which I’m also a fan of. The apps I access the most are my Google apps. I have Office 365 for macOS for productivity and if that’s not enough, I can run Windows 10 on my Mac.

It’s not restrictive being in a walled garden with respect to the hardware you use. Whether you’re on Android, Windows, iOS, or macOS is a preference. My preference, for the reasons stated, is Apple hardware and the best software regardless.

Razor Time

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2016
Here's why:

If true that Samsung can shrink those Bezels even more look how outdated the iPhone X will be already and the S9 (or maybe Samsung decides to name it S10) might be out already in February.

The only thing missing from that video was the kitchen sink.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
With the final production of the iPhone X being further delayed (hasn't even started yet), I really think the rumor of Samsung pushing up the S9 launch date to January will become a reality.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
With the final production of the iPhone X being further delayed (hasn't even started yet), I really think the rumor of Samsung pushing up the S9 launch date to January will become a reality.
I hope that comes true..........

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
would be a ripe opportunity to snipe away the 50/50 customers who aren't completely locked into the Apple ecosystem.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
My wish from the past was for phone makers to offer the largest display with minimal bezels that fits in the pants pocket. Next wish is for all sensors to be embedded under the display which is opaque under normal use then opens up a transparent window when the sensor is needed to eliminate bezels altogether. Samsung, will again, lead this evolution.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
My wish from the past was for phone makers to offer the largest display with minimal bezels that fits in the pants pocket. Next wish is for all sensors to be embedded under the display which is opaque under normal use then opens up a transparent window when the sensor is needed to eliminate bezels altogether. Samsung, will again, lead this evolution.

Then there is this....It just might be happening next year.

Samsung is hoping to release a bendable Galaxy Note next year

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/12/16293578/samsung-foldable-phone-2018-galaxy-note

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.