Don't count the iPhone 5 out yet...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tanker-X, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Tanker-X macrumors member

Just a thought for my macrumor friends. Think back to right before the iPhone 4 was revealed by Gizmodo because some Apple moron (thank you) left it in a bar. When the expose broke, people were quickly calling it a fake because it was something that no one had ever seen before. Nothing prior to that leak gave any indication of a model that would contain a glass front and back and an aluminum frame with slits for the antennas. Not even the form factor was guessed correctly by case manufacturers. My point is, there is still a chance that a newly designed iPhone 5 could be revealed. So the excuse of not seeing any parts or leaks does not hold any water. It might just mean that Apple is being extremely successful of keeping people in the dark.

Just a thought...

T-X

2. Merkie macrumors 68020

I understand what you're saying, but the iPhone 4 popped up in different areas after it was first revealed by Gizmodo. The bar leak was just the first so no one really remembers the leaks after that one.

3. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

but we saw parts of the iphone 4. we have yet to see parts of the iphone 5.

4. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I saved all the nasty replies that I've gotten about "keep waiting for nothing", & "there is no iPhone 5", etc, etc. I know nothing about anything but I never doubted for one second that we wouldnt be getting a totally redesigned iPhone 5...This year, before the holiday shopping season, and right along side of ios5. Anything less IMO would be a huge blunder on Apples part. I don't want to hear "there's no need for a redesigned iPhone because iPhone 4 is still the top selling phone". That's not the way Apple operates. They are not going to sit on something that can be improved upon greatly. "on par with other devices" is not in apples vocabulary. They are cutting edge innovators. There is no doubt in my mind that the iPhone 5 will bs DRASTICALLY different then then the 4, and even more then we even imagine it will be. It will be a game changer once again, just like it was in 07. You just wait and see.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Source?

6. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I'm really doubting that we will see a resigned iPhone this year. Hell anything is possible with all the tradition breaking that has been going on, but from a design standpoint there is no real rush. Fix the antenna issue and you have a perfect phone. I could definitely see a breath taking design next year if the 2012/2013 iPhone would bring LTE to iOS.

7. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

and again.... THE SLITS ARE NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT THE ANTENNA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. smotheredhope macrumors regular

No snotty reply here. I just want to go on record and say that i feel sorry for you and myself as well because there really isnt going to be anything other than the 4s. It's lame, I know. :(

9. Tanker-X thread starter macrumors member

What about the 3GS? Doesn't that debunk everything you just wrote? Don't get me wrong I want Apple to have a redesigned phone, but I just thought I should point that out.

T-X

----------

Are you sure?:p

10. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I agree with the OP. Just before the iPhone 4 announcement, a Vietnamese video appeared along with a few leaked photos. Everyone was calling them fakes. After Gizmodo's ordeal, many more were still questioning its authenticity. However, this is when people really started to believe this might be the actual device. I remember a majority of people saying there was no way Apple would build an iPhone with screws exposed at the bottom of it.

Even during the launch, when Steve Jobs announce the frame would actually be the antenna, he almost received a standing ovation...Point: Even with a significant leak...most had no clue what to expect on announcement day.

The point is, we just don't know. I suspect if the phone is drastically different, all the people in the supply chain (manufacturers, testers, etc.) would somehow sneak a picture or something for their quick moment of fame.

If the announcement brings a new body design, it will be the best kept secret Apple has ever pulled off. If the body style isn't changed...it will be a tad disappointing to make a spec bump 18 months later.

11. cheesesteak22 macrumors member

I may be forgetting something, but I don't recall any parts or other hardware from the original iPad leaking until the niht before the keynote when the picture of it screwed down to a table leaked out (coincidentally, that picture also had an iPhone 4 on the table but nobody realized it until after the gizmodo leak). So its not out of the question that apple may surprise us again?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/is-this-the-apple-tablet/

12. disarticulate macrumors regular

Chill out and use some context clues.

i.e.

"A large foundation with rebar for the concrete."
    "An urban icehouse with beer for the customers."

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Honestly, I need people need to chill out. No more, no less. Just … chill.

14. ah123 macrumors regular

I am an analyst and I say there will or will not be an iPhone 5 in the next few weeks.

There, now you don't have to count it out at all.

15. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Its going to get worse before it gets better (oct 5th)... you know that right? :p

I think you have the necessary "skills" to apply for a writing position at BoyGeniusReport ;)

16. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

17. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

that's true, i feel some people are over reacting on the rumors. On another forum, i saw people fighting about al gore mentioning the new iPhones and they got all into the grammatics and skematics and what it actually meant. I realized then that I would not post a reply and left before the super fanboys began making even more astronomical beliefs based on no facts.

18. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

This was really difficult to sort out with the quintuple negative and all.

19. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Really? that's your contribution to this conversation....

20. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

No sources, just my gut. I thought i made that clear with words like IMO, I know nothing, etc. I just have a feeling that Apple won't do anything less then am awesome redesigned device. Its just perfect timing.

21. Jest3r macrumors regular

I would say it was on par with your additions...

22. astral125 macrumors 6502

I disagree but I hope you'll be right.