Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bananas

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2007
I got tired of waiting and ordered a MacBook. Now it's much easier for me to read these rumors since I don't have to hold my breath any more :)

powerchord

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2007
right where I am
if i see any more threads about impending updates where the OP imparts some never before seen or heard super wisdom to randomly guess a date somewhere between today and 2010 I am going to go to the OP's house and turn on all their taps while they are out. I am then going to set fire to their shoes.

actually, make that any 'when can we expect updates/there's an update soon/i need an update/what do you guys think will be in the MBP update/I am a cocknosed geekboy with a tiny wang/today's the day!/store's down!/I'm going to kill myself b/w lack of updates (makes me blue)'

LOL!! (and I needed a good laugh today) ::D

Danny Mac

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
Seattle, WA
Mr. Jobs has one more week with me, because unfortunately I'm one of those people on a time schedule and need a new MBP at least by next week. I'll be looking into the refurbs if it doesn't happen, because it'll be over my dead body before I pay full price for something that's going to be updated in the near future.

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
Mr. Jobs has one more week with me, because unfortunately I'm one of those people on a time schedule and need a new MBP at least by next week. I'll be looking into the refurbs if it doesn't happen, because it'll be over my dead body before I pay full price for something that's going to be updated in the near future.

I'm sure he would love you to help him clear out his stock of the old MBP refurbs to make room for the new ones...

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
I will admit I too was a little excited this morning that we might see new MBP's today. However, I knew deep inside that we wouldn't. Let’s face some facts here, Apple only does silent updates when they are just dropping in a new processor, often an updated clock speed. As we have seen with the iMac and the MBA, Apple is obviously in the process of redesigning their products to have a unique (Black and Aluminum) look that matches across product lines. If we are going to see the updates many of us would like to see, this is not going to come in a silent Tuesday update, it will come from a Steve note. The most likely time for a Steve note is going to be the 26th when the rumored iPhone SDK press event might happen, who knows MBPs might even be a ....one more thing.

So.... If you want any of the following, I wouldn't expect it until the 26th:
The Likely candidates:
-Peryn Processors
-Magnetic Latch
-New Keyboard (Black, like MBA)
-Multi-Touch trackpad
-LED Display for 17"

The Maybes:
-Updated Graphics
-More Memory
-Slimmer
-More USB Ports (This is what I am hoping for, so I added it to the list)
-Black Aluminum (or other colors for that matter)
-SSD BTO Option
-Hybrid SSD HD option
-Lighter
-13" version
-Anything I forgot?

So, don't get mad we didn't see new MBPs today, it is for good reason and a good sign that we may be getting a re-design. Which in my opinion is definitely something worth waiting for!

I disagree. What is going to happen is we will still wait until the 26th, and it will just be a plain jane chip bump.

amjustice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Naperville, IL
I disagree. What is going to happen is we will still wait until the 26th, and it will just be a plain jane chip bump.

I don't see this happening, you can say I told you so if it does. There is obviously a lot of added value Apple can provide by updating these other items, I dont see why they wouldn't.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
The list looks good - I'll be satisfied as long as we get everything on your "likely candidates" list. Anything above that we may get from your more speculative list would just be gravy!

aiterum

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
United States
If it's just a processor switch (which I really doubt that it will be, especially since apple has held out for so long), there will be many dissapointed people, as well as myself, who will be purchasing from another company.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I agree with OP. I rather wait and get a complete redesign than to have a new update today and 4 mo later have a new design.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I want a good design... they've been milking this Aluminum Powerbook Design for years... it's getting old!

Here's what I want...
1. Lighter! Its heavy now... let us carry it around without pulling a muscle!
2. Thinner would be nice. Its pretty thick, but I don't want to sacrifice performance.
3. Black Aluminum would be awesome.

I totally agree on the aluminum design thing, and the black keyboard (not as much though), but lighter? Thinner?? 1" is too thick for you?? And, what, 5.4 pounds is too heavy? Could you be a bigger Nancy-boy?

Congrats, you'll love the MacBook :)

You're gonna hate it. In fact, you will want to poke your eyes out with candles. Not really, I'm just talking trash.

if i see any more threads about impending updates where the OP imparts some never before seen or heard super wisdom to randomly guess a date somewhere between today and 2010 I am going to go to the OP's house and turn on all their taps while they are out. I am then going to set fire to their shoes.

actually, make that any 'when can we expect updates/there's an update soon/i need an update/what do you guys think will be in the MBP update/I am a cocknosed geekboy with a tiny wang/today's the day!/store's down!/I'm going to kill myself b/w lack of updates (makes me blue)'

What always irritated me was the tards that pop in to say stuff like "Nope. Not gonna happen till like June guys. If you want it so much you should just buy it. It's a great value. Sometimes I look at my sister and think, 'not bad!' ".

JWest

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
I totally agree on the aluminum design thing, and the black keyboard (not as much though), but lighter? Thinner?? 1" is too thick for you?? And, what, 5.4 pounds is too heavy? Could you be a bigger Nancy-boy?

QFT

They're already very thin and light compared to other notebooks in their class- make them any lighter and thinner and you'll start to see performance compromises (heck, even the current ones are using under clocked video cards).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.