Don't forget to set those alarms and use the apple store app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattopotamus, Mar 23, 2016.

1. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Just a reminder to set your alarms tonight for (or before) 12AM PST. Also use the apple store app on your IOS device for a quick and pain free experience :)

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Yep, it is the best way to go!

4. Mainiac macrumors member

Mainiac

This will be my first iPhone purchase. I'll actually be ordering one for me and my wife. Do I really need to do this at 3:00am (EDT)? Are pre-orders expected to sell out quickly?

Also, from what I understand I just do the pre-order via the App (or website) and then pick it up in the store on the 31st and sign up for the payment plan at that time. Is that correct?

5. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Correct. Choose in store pick up when checking out. The app is always easier to use than the website.

As to the "must wake up at 3am EST", I would. It is the only way to guarantee a first wave of shipment. No one knows if apple is treating this phone as a flagship and will stock it heavily, or if it will be a nightmare to try and get if you miss out on the initial preorders. Lately stock of iPhones has been strong and I would say no, it is not a must. This being an odd product, mid-cycle launch I would be up.

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

Are they going to be available in stores on the 31st? If so, I can swing by there really quick then.

7. mattopotamus, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Again, not sure. The 12" macbook was suppose to be available in stores but wasn't for months....at least not in an apple store. I would think they would have stock for people queing outside.

I really can see the demand being much higher than apple anticipated and stock being low. I also could see it being the easiest iPhone to attain b.c so many people have 6/6s's and the 7 is right around the corner. It is a toss up.

Think apple watch, and it will make you want to be up at 12am PST. Think iPhone 6s, and it was in stock for a few days before stock delayed a few weeks.

8. Mainiac macrumors member

Mainiac

Thanks. I'll set my iPads alarm for 2:55 and order via the App. Do I have to do separate orders or can they both be ordered together? They will be different colors if that matters.

9. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Unless it is 1 per customer, which I do not think is the case, you should be ok ordering them at the same time in the same order.

Check your billing and shipping address on the app now. Make sure those are correct.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Yep, best to go and make sure your credit card if matches the shipping address and all is well with your account.

I do not think there will be that big of a problem to get hold of one of these but if you want to make sure, betting up early will do it.

11. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Also MAKE SURE YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ARE CONFIRMED AND UPDATED! I forgot to do this with the Apple Watch and wasn't able to get my first choice of watch that I wanted.

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yep, I see your point. Better safe than sorry: I'll order it online at 3AM Eastern. I have an odd feeling Apple will underestimate sales of this iPhone.

13. mattopotamus, Mar 23, 2016

mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This! Go buy a $.99 app just to make sure :p

Go into the wallet app on your IOS device and make sure your card billing and shipping address (where you want the phone shipped too) match.

14. julescilib, Mar 23, 2016

julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

I am a free agent lol (contract expired Oct 2015) so I am paying $68.99 monthly plan to Rogers... What is my best option to purchase this iphone SE in Canada?

15. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Wake up at 3 am EST and order the Apple app is the way to go if you want the iPhone SE.

Quick and painless (most of the time) Just not sure how this mid cycle release is going to go.

16. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Anyone know what time it is likely to go live in the UK.

17. DarrenUK macrumors regular

DarrenUK

I'm wandering the same.

18. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G5

mattopotamus

19. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

7:00am

20. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Is that a definite, I was going to stop up late tonight, but if it's 7 AM I will just get up 10 minutes early in the morning.

21. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

12am California time is 7am UK time so yes it's 7am.

22. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Thanks, i can have an early night then.

23. kerrikins macrumors 65816

If you don't want to upgrade your plan, then buy it outright from Apple.

24. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

Thank you for your imput. I wake up at 5:45 for work and I will pre order it via the app store.

25. pauly800 macrumors regular

You are telling me that you can preorder it online then pick it up at the apple store so its a guarantee when you get there, you would get the iphone? Can someone confirm this? This seems to be much better than ordering it online then either it takes longer than march 31 to receive it... or just going there waiting in line and they don't have anymore in stock.

but if you order it online and go pick it up, do you still have to wait in line? I assume you do, but only difference is its guarantee you have the iphone?