Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
I just read this, and thought I'd give you something of a little comfort:

I had the exact same experience you described, the pain, the general anesthesia, the slicing, the draining, the gauze packing, the little string hanging out, and the pulling out of. I also got Propoxy painkillers. It was very deja vu hearing someone else talk about what happened.

The only difference between your story and my story was yours was on your back. I had an anal abscess. And the general anesthetic needle was applied directly on my sphincter (sp?). Not trying to be funny or steal your story or anything, just thought I'd hopefully let you feel better about where yours was and where mine was.

And if that wasn't bad enough, I had to be lying on my side spreading my cheeks so the doctor could insert the needle. And then I had to keep them pried open for a moment while he put in the painkiller, and that HURT. I completely feel your weirdness when it came to removing the gauze packing.

Don't even get me started on my bathroom situation for the 3 days pre-gauze removal and 3 weeks or so post-gauze removal when it was healing.... ugh. Anyways glad to hear you're doing better! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.