Don't know if you should buy or wait? READ THIS!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sonia1234321, Aug 24, 2008.

1. sonia1234321, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. drfp25 macrumors member

the problem is that most ppl don't search the forums or look at other threads before posting the same question...so while i salute you for offering up a valid suggestion it it is probably lost on those who really should read it

3. astudentis macrumors regular

someone should make this a sticky with all capitals letters in the title

oh ps
    when is the next conference? (have they sent out invitations yet... if not how many days before do they usually send them out?)

4. nayxn2nayxn macrumors member

This thread will be pushed down further with more buy now or wait posts because people don't want to click, search, or whatever. True story.

As of today I am no longer a macrumor noob. I'm going to go celebrate at Mcdonalds.

5. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Yea... the people who post those things usually sign up for a MR account, post their story, and never come back.

However, it was worth a shot to get their attention.

By the way, it sounds like your getting a pretty good deal through that website.

6. mickoin macrumors newbie

Think this is only a US promotion no? kind of leaves the rest of us worldlies out.

And when is this Apple conference?

7. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

This is actually exactly what I was going to do. Buy September 14 or 15 with iPod Touch, keep box closed for 2 week return period to scope out new rumors/conference, and then return if something exciting is announced.

8. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

a good idea.... most people probably won't follow through on it though

dude, just read the mr front page to stay up to date

9. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

10. wingedturbo macrumors newbie

Actually I just registered to tell you thanks for the idea :) I don't usually think of that as an option because I don't usually know exactly when something new will be announced. Yer post did not go to waste :D

11. sonia1234321 thread starter macrumors regular

EXACTLY!

Now only if all those nubs would read this... >.<

It took me a while think of it :)

Oh and, the bestbuy deal is Canadian, so I don't know if it's for the US.

12. sonia1234321 thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome! Glad to hear SOMEONE used my idea :p :D

13. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

I believe the 'conference' people are refering to is this, however this was a page 2 rumor and even said that it's not very reliable in the article.

14. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

15. jokun macrumors member

Good idea, and something I'd do if $$ wasn't such an issue for me. With the ed. discount and selling the touch (keeping the printer), I'll end up paying just over $1,050 w/ tax for my macbook and printer. That's only if I sell that touch at a decent price (hoping for at least $250) before any possible price drops/updates. Too much $$ for me to just return everything if something cooler comes out, unfortunately :(.

Here's me, hoping beyond hope that Steve will hear my prayers and have a new macbook released before 9/15.

16. CharlieKirk macrumors 6502

Meh.. idk tbh.

I'm thinking about a MBP, see thread in this forum...

I love it as it is right now. :\. Now I keep thinking about it... then I get thrown off my threads like this. I'd like the iPod touch, but to be honest, I already got one with my MBP, and can't be bothered... (yes, it sounds very silly).

I know this has probably been asked before, but whats the supposed date everybody gunning for, or isn't there one?

17. sonia1234321 thread starter macrumors regular

I think it's September 17th :)

18. iOrlando macrumors 68000

I am one of the skeptics on macrumors.

I am thinking Early-Mid October annoucment..late october release. I know this is later then most think..but it just makes more sense to me. Apple wont do anything in september..the ipod promotional will just have ended..and apple knows not to make its loyal customers angry by updating right after sept 15. And then if apple really is going to update 2 out of its 3 main product lines..it probably wont be a simple press release...we will need a morning conference etc...that will take time to announce...actually have..and then start selling the products. I think the goal would be strictly christmas shopping, hence late in october. I also am thinking there will still be a "new" product..not a new product line...but a new product... they were talking about this on their earnings call.

19. sonia1234321 thread starter macrumors regular

Well there still is a change Apple might release something around now/early September too :)

20. sonia1234321 thread starter macrumors regular

21. sonia1234321 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay well I just saw on MR that they might update on the 9TH! ... Hmm... Uh... Yeah, so let's do that! :)

22. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

for the next two weeks then there will be "hey I just bought a MB/MBP, should I wait to open it?" threads ;)

23. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

or better yet, why not add a new section that new people will go to post but the regular members just don't go check

24. weeman macrumors 6502

Apple could only apply the promotion to "older qualifying macs" and "older qualifying ipods" once the new macs/ipods are released can't they?