Don't promote 7/11 if YOU CAN'T DELIVER!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JoeJoe, Jul 11, 2008.

1. JoeJoe macrumors member

Sorry Apple.

Excuses are for the unprepared.

What other corners are you cutting?

What other costs are you eliminating.

All at the expense of YOUR MOST LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

Get you sh#t together.

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

chill your boner dude. Honestly, apple owes you nothing, suck it up, and join thw millions wating for it to

3. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

and some cheese with his whine

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i agree with the op. apple has had MONTHS to prepare for this and it is amusing

granted, im not gonna dl 2.0 for a couple days (even if i could now)

its not much to ask to be prepared and if not, at least issue a statement about it

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

How about we stop spamming the forum with threads that complain about how it's not out? That doesn't make it come out faster, you know. All it's really doing is stressing you out even more.

Here, listen as I play some Vivaldi to you on the worlds smallest violin.

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

8. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

Seconded.

9. .michael macrumors regular

lol, chill your boner.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

its a big release and its a mac forum and apple is screwing up.

people are entitiled to be frustrated

11. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

That's what we at MacRumors are, right? Until we actually buy the said product, though. Then we rip it to shreds. :D

12. kingBLAOW macrumors newbie

People have too many rights if you ask me!

13. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

14. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

Go kick your dog, vent to your spouse/significant other, or do something else to blow off steam, then. Some of us are sick of reading the incessant whinefest.

15. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

yeah? you got beef? lol:D, yeah, i use that to much in real life.....

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

first its a forum and people talk about mac issues on forums. both good and bad news i might add

if you dont want to read it then dont. this happens with every big mac release

and i could honestly care less about 2.0 as i am in no hurry to get it but i can see how some are aggravated unlike people here who think apple can do no wrong

17. Eärendil Guest

If I were Steve Jobs I would be rolling on the floor laughing about this thread.

And I would make the update free and give a 15 or 10 dollars bonus to all the guys that posted here.

Someone please send him the link.....:rolleyes:

18. kingBLAOW macrumors newbie

If this statement is in fact true, what a sad commentary about the general emotional state of Apple customers. Apple should get into the self help business. Gold mine.

19. trevorlsciact macrumors regular

Did apple promote the iPod touch update being today? Or did you assume? :rolleyes: They promised iPhones 3Gs today, nothing else. So get your impatient ass out of the iPod touch forums!

20. kingBLAOW macrumors newbie

What are you talking about?!?! That goes against everything that corporations which peddle consumer products (and anything else for that matter) to me stand for! If I have learned one thing, it's that instant gratification rules all. They didn't set a deadline?! Who cares! I want it now, and I am going to cry long and hard about it until they make it happen! It's the western society way!

21. Maxamillious Suspended

Haha, you should try imagining Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants saying this line. It just makes you want to chuckle. :D

22. Spankey macrumors 6502a

I agree witht the OP. It is not that I have been personally affected by today's outcome, but the last two days are a serious black eye for a company trying to make an even bigger impact on corporate America. What happens when companies have executives waiting to activate a phone and they can't while Blackberry can? Apple could have prepared for this in stages but threw everything into a single days launch. MobileMe could have come first. Then 2.0 and then the iphone. Instead they are suffering a serious black eye in terms of being able to deliver on big promises.

23. kingBLAOW macrumors newbie

Wait a minute. First, let's assume that (for sake of argument) a large corporation's executives aren't going to get theirs before the general public. Do you really think there are any companies, or other organizations for that matter, out there that are relying on using iPhones in crucial business capacities during launch week, or hell, launch month? All I can say is: a) I wish i knew about these companies because I would short their stock, if possible b) I would love to be a fly on the wall of their office(s) because I think they would make some equally hilarious blunders.