Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B. Hunter

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2005
Pacific Northwest
If this statement is in fact true, what a sad commentary about the general emotional state of Apple customers. Apple should get into the self help business. Gold mine.

LOL!!!
There must be a self control app somewhere in the new App Store!
If its free, they will complain that people should be charged for it.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Sorry Apple.

Excuses are for the unprepared.

What other corners are you cutting?

What other costs are you eliminating.

All at the expense of YOUR MOST LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

Get you sh#t together.

I agree. Apple was way too full of themselves thinking they could successfully launch multiple products, worldwide, on the same day. iPhone 3G, iTunes 7.7, 2.0 software update for iPhone and iPod Touch, MobileMe, the App Store - by biting off more than they could chew, all they've succeeded in doing is making a monumental mess.

I, for one, am grabbing the 2.0 update from a torrent. I've got a shiny new iPhone 3G here and it's getting rather lonely being the only one who can play games. ;)

I've been trying for more than 24 hours to get the iPod update from Apple (for which I would GLADLY pay) but my patience is wearing thin. This torrent will finish in about thirty minutes - if iTMS still won't let me pay for the upgrade by then, I'm installing this pirated copy. It's not my fault Apple dropped the ball ... :rolleyes:

kingBLAOW

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
Apple was way too full of themselves thinking they could successfully launch multiple products, worldwide, on the same day.

So you would rather wait, say, an extra two weeks to ensure a seamless update instead of toughing out the first 24 to 48 hours and probably getting what you desire by the end of the weekend?

BlakTornado

Apr 24, 2007
Washington, OH
What do you expect when Steve Jobs explicitly called the iPod Touch the training wheels for the iPhone, right in front of a crowd of journalists?

To Apple, the iPod Touch to the iPhone is the annoying kid that hangs around the cool kid, repeating everything he says to make himself seem cool.

But it's not like they're NOT going to sort out the problem with the firmware update. Sheesh. They'll get to it when they can but you've got to remember they've got the iPhone, App Store and MobileMe to be sorting. And to be fair, it is the IPHONE 2.0 software update, not explicitly the iPod Touch 2.0 software update. Just hold your horses and wait like everyone else.

At least you actually have an iPod Touch.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
So you would rather wait, say, an extra two weeks to ensure a seamless update instead of toughing out the first 24 to 48 hours and probably getting what you desire by the end of the weekend?
Yup. If they couldn't handle a simultaneous launch of so many products, globally, on the same day, then you bet! They should've either staggered the releases by at least a few days, starting earlier, or simply have announced a later launch date. These past couple of days have been utterly pathetic.

But I don't care. I got my iPhone 3G yesterday, and I'm installing my pirated 2.0 software on my Touch now. ;)

JoeJoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
A company like Apple should OVER SPEC for this

Tons of cash, your reputation at stake and you BLOW IT because:

1) You were too cheap.

2) You didn't do your homework to gage demand.

3) You trusted people you should NOT have trusted.

As an AAPL stockholder I am pissed.

This is the news.

Not the long lines.

Not the huge demand.

Not the Apps store.

The f'n server failure.

Sorry Apple, I love you (4 macs, 4 ipods, AppleTV) but:

YOU

BLEW

THIS

ONE

Edit: And if you think corporate America isn't noticing, you're an idiot. 18 year olds kids with no stake in this company can say chill out all they want. CTO's don't "chill out".

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Tons of cash, your reputation at stake and you BLOW IT because:

1) You were too cheap.

2) You didn't do your homework to gage demand.

3) You trusted people you should NOT have trusted.

As an AAPL stockholder I am pissed.

This is the news.

Not the long lines.

Not the huge demand.

Not the Apps store.

The f'n server failure.

Sorry Apple, I love you (4 macs, 4 ipods, AppleTV) but:

YOU

BLEW

THIS

ONE

QFT. Apple screwed this launch up BIG TIME. They got cocky and tried to pull off something that quite clearly was out of their league. :(

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I agree. Apple was way too full of themselves thinking they could successfully launch multiple products, worldwide, on the same day. iPhone 3G, iTunes 7.7, 2.0 software update for iPhone and iPod Touch, MobileMe, the App Store - by biting off more than they could chew, all they've succeeded in doing is making a monumental mess.

I, for one, am grabbing the 2.0 update from a torrent. I've got a shiny new iPhone 3G here and it's getting rather lonely being the only one who can play games. ;)

I've been trying for more than 24 hours to get the iPod update from Apple (for which I would GLADLY pay) but my patience is wearing thin. This torrent will finish in about thirty minutes - if iTMS still won't let me pay for the upgrade by then, I'm installing this pirated copy. It's not my fault Apple dropped the ball ... :rolleyes:

Don't forget about the Apple TV Update too.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
And I hope your IP is recorded, and that you're nailed for piracy.

Idiot.
'Nailed' by who? Apple? Somehow I doubt that'll happen - I restored my iPod just to see what would happen - iTunes proceeded to download the 2.0 software directly from Apple's server and I was not given the ability to pay. Poor me. ;)

kingBLAOW

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
Seeing as there was other threads about this, i'm willing to bet you knew exactly what would happen. The only thing worse than a person who habitually whines, is a person who habitually whines about something they don't even contribute to supporting.

JoeJoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
Font Page of the Seattle-PI (probably not the only one!)

Above the fold, no less.

"Netwrok gridlock spoils iPhone's party"

Nice.

Great product.

Superior demand.

Apps store - the untold story.

What makes the news?

Apple f*cked up.

Don't promise something if you can't deliver.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Well I'm not exactly happy the way things were. For example when I needed an AC adapter yesterday, all the employees were really confused why they forced me to get on line when I didn't want a iPhone! Well whatever; policy is policy and I guess they don't want me changing my mind... But still, you can't expect someone to live without a computer for 2-3 days!

And I hope your IP is recorded, and that you're nailed for piracy.

Idiot.

I don't know what to say about you recently, but are you ticked off at something personally? You've been really rude and obnoxious with some of your posts recently...

A simple "Please don't download illegally" will do, but you have to go and call people names. :(

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Seeing as there was other threads about this, i'm willing to bet you knew exactly what would happen. The only thing worse than a person who habitually whines, is a person who habitually whines about something they don't even contribute to supporting.
I'm assuming that comment was directed at me. I just find it odd that someone would accuse me of not 'contributing' to Apple. Here's a list of Apple things I've purchased in the past year, in chronological order. You can look up the Japanese prices for these yourself, I assure you they're higher than you think.

24" 2.8GHz iMac 750GB HDD
Apple Care
OS X Leopard
20page books from iPhoto (x4)
Christmas party invitations (x20)
iPod Touch 8GB
Universal Dock
Component Cables for iPod Touch
MobileMe Family Pack
$100 U.S. iTMS G.C.
iPhone 3G, 16GB

I've fed Apple PLENTY of money lately, so don't sit there on your high horse and presume to talk down to me. ;)

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Wait a minute. First, let's assume that (for sake of argument) a large corporation's executives aren't going to get theirs before the general public. Do you really think there are any companies, or other organizations for that matter, out there that are relying on using iPhones in crucial business capacities during launch week, or hell, launch month? All I can say is: a) I wish i knew about these companies because I would short their stock, if possible b) I would love to be a fly on the wall of their office(s) because I think they would make some equally hilarious blunders.

Right. No business of any size would plan an IT rollout on launch day, launch month or launch quarter for that matter. If it's a crucial technology that requires wide deployment, the IT org would take 6 months or more to validate the product and get ready. You just don't rely on the vendor's generally overenthusiastic claims. Microsoft products are the most widely deployed IT products, and even Microsoft-focused organizations typically wait to deploy and new title until they can thoroughly test out the first service pack.

BTW, on the OP, I don't see anything wrong with complaining if you're unsatisfied with an Apple product or service. The people razzing the OP are the whining babies, not the OP. I hope I am missing something and that ALL of you are responding in jest.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.

Actually there is at least one thing worse. QED. :rolleyes:

Jortarr

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2008
Your Style

Why do you write in free verse poetry style? It looks weird. Are you going for a Haiku?

Apple Was Not Prepared.

I'm a whiney CTO

I am Very Sad

kingBLAOW

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
I'm assuming that comment was directed at me. I just find it odd that someone would accuse me of not 'contributing' to Apple. Here's a list of Apple things I've purchased in the past year, in chronological order. You can look up the Japanese prices for these yourself, I assure you they're higher than you think.

24" 2.8GHz iMac 750GB HDD
Apple Care
OS X Leopard
20page books from iPhoto (x4)
Christmas party invitations (x20)
iPod Touch 8GB
Universal Dock
Component Cables for iPod Touch
MobileMe Family Pack
$100 U.S. iTMS G.C.
iPhone 3G, 16GB

I've fed Apple PLENTY of money lately, so don't sit there on your high horse and presume to talk down to me. ;)

The extreme analogy...

I saved three people's lives, so it's o.k if I murder one for no reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.