Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Wow, that was a really stupid thing to do. Hopefully the state will revoke his CCL.

Yeah...a few years ago we had a local cop shoot and kill a teenager because he left IHOP without paying for pancakes.

Some people really have no sense of perspective.

If I'd been shot coming out of an Apple store because someone was shooting at iPhone theives I would not be very pleased.

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
This guy make the rest of us law abiding CC permit holders look bad. Those are all probably misdemeanors and won't get him much "time", but they should consider revoking his permit and confiscating his weapon.

The tone of the people commenting on the story on the news website is quite scary. I wonder if crime is really that bad in Portland that folks are that supportive of vigilanteism.

AMcBroom81

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Mt. Carmel, IL
If he didn't know not to fire his gun in public when he is not in danger he's a moron and needs his carry permit taken away.

he must have thought he was in a movie and thought he was John Mcclane. :rolleyes:

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
If he didn't know not to fire his gun in public when he is not in danger he's a moron and needs his carry permit taken away.

he must have thought he was in a movie and thought he was John Mcclane. :rolleyes:

Was the day after the (lame) 24 finale. He probably thought he was Jack Bauer.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Take away his license. Send him to jail. He's stupid for trying to stop thieves.

Wow. From what I've just read it seems that your training for pacifists is now complete.
Sounds like a lot of you fall for that line the police give "give everything to the thieves, don't stand up for yourself. Let the cops do everything, just lay down and completely become limp and wuss-like".

I'm not saying what he did was correct. But I do feel his intentions were sound.

I could only imagine if we stopped thinking for ourselves and let the government do all the thinking for us. Oh thats right....read above.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Take away his license. Send him to jail. He's stupid for trying to stop thieves.

Wow. From what I've just read it seems that your training for pacifists is now complete.
Sounds like a lot of you fall for that line the police give "give everything to the thieves, don't stand up for yourself. Let the cops do everything, just lay down and completely become limp and wuss-like".

I'm not saying what he did was correct. But I do feel his intentions were sound.

I could only imagine if we stopped thinking for ourselves and let the government do all the thinking for us. Oh thats right....read above.

No one was in danger and shooting at a moving car is extremely reckless. I'm all for defending yourself when it is required, but this was not the case here.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
And the robbers go free to make a quick buck on Craigslist to pay for their crack. Gotta love our country :). Glad no one got hurt.

Or maybe they will sell those phones to pay for their broken back window or tail lights :p

AMcBroom81

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Mt. Carmel, IL

If they stole my iPhone and I had the means to defend myself, by all means I would.

2 things

1. The iPhones were not his, Stores have cameras to help police identify the criminals.

2. He is not a John Mcclane, he is not in a movie

and what would you be saying if the bullet Ricocheted hit and killed a child or a person? was he justified then? even police know not to open fire on a suspect when the police officers life is not in danger.

Plain and simple, this guy was an idiot. he will get what he deserves. I also hope the police will catch the iPhone thieves.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
A steel phone is a great idea. it would never break and would make a great weapon! Brilliant...... :eek:

DrunkenMeatFist

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
Yeah...a few years ago we had a local cop shoot and kill a teenager because he left IHOP without paying for pancakes.

Some people really have no sense of perspective.

If I'd been shot coming out of an Apple store because someone was shooting at iPhone theives I would not be very pleased.

Just read up on that...idiot cop should be out of a job at the very least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.