Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I got an A (I mistakenly forgot to identify Madonna, and other obvious blunders). But I agree this test is a silly way to weed out who should and shouldn't vote in the upcoming election.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I got a C, but I already voted absentee. :p

It was mostly because I mixed up Frist/Roberts/Snow, but what does it really matter if I know what they look like? I properly matched the name with title every time, regardless of whether or not I could match a name with a face. :rolleyes:

danidoll521

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2006
I got an A, but I must admit that I only got some of them right by process of elimination. Oh well, an A is good enough for me...I feel confident that I know enough to vote :)

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
I got a "B" but am EU citizen and not voting in the US, hence not following national US politics very closely, so I thought it was ok. It would have been nice if they had included some questions about *issues*, not just faces. Some people are good with faces, others aren't.

L

Lau

I got a C — 76.86%.

In my (non-American) defense, every single one I got wrong were American men in suits that I had to guess. :p I think the ones I got right were the important ones, and I got all but one of the international ones (wrong name, right job).

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Uh oh, C+ and I plan on voting this year. :eek:

Same here, I got 78% though which in a Maths exam would get me a first :p , though I'm not an American so don't worry I can't damage your country, with not knowing who people are.

I got Paris Hilton wrong :eek: , clearly she's over air-brushed as I didn't recognise her. ;)

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2006
Omaha, NE
I got an A

Ban Ki-Moon messed me up. I don't really recall seeing him even though their neighbor, North Korea is in the news alot.

At least I am competent enough to vote!

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
A+ here too. The only one I even paused on was Nancy Pelosi because I also barely remember what Barbara Boxer looks like (I'm pretty sure I remember what Dianne Feinstein looks like, though...)

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I'm definitely voting

It would be interesting to see what you lot would get on a European based quiz :)
Well there were a couple of foreign leaders in there. ;)

Got an A+, 350/350. I know my politics and my pop culture. :D But to be fair, the only reason I knew about Ki-moon was that I had just heard something about him, and know what the guy from Japan looks like. Thought he was Chinese though. :eek:

Same with Harper, but he does look a lot like Baldwin (boy, he did get fat didn't he).

Attachments

• vote.jpg
    vote.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 38

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
The only question I got wrong was the Ban Ki-moon question... still don't know who that person is. Got an A :)

Heh - I have an unfair advantage since my girlfriend works at the U.N. In fact, I was one of the first people on Earth to find out he was going to be the new Secretary General (on way to meet me she overheard in the hallways that the gavel had just fallen on the decision).

Next up: will Bolivia take the next rotating seat on the Security Council? (Guatemala and Venezuela were both lobbying but are both seen as having no chance to get the majority). I hope Bolivia gets it since even though I don't agree with a lot of Evo Morales' policies, I think it's remarkable that 500 long years after the invasion of America, a country in America finally has a Native American head of state....

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
A -

I missed Rush Limbaugh. I know he's a radio talk show host, but I didn't know what he looks like. How am I supposed to know what a radio talk show host looks like?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I missed Rush Limbaugh. I know he's a radio talk show host, but I didn't know what he looks like. How am I supposed to know what a radio talk show host looks like?

Because he's always on TV...especially these days with his Michael J. Fox impression.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
I got a D+. I have no idea on some of the American ones. I got all of the pop culture ones right and all of the foreign leaders and things but as i have never even been to the states, that let me down

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
324/350 - A

I accidentally put that I didn't know who President Bush was when I clearly did, hit back to fix it after realizing how this worked, and that was worth 10... so in reality I got 334/350.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.