dont worry when iphone is shipped and not updated

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jpep, Jun 13, 2010.

1. jpep macrumors member

Last year I pre-0rdered the 3gs. I received it on launch day at 3pm pacific from fedex. I ordered from att.com shipped to my home. The system didn't show at all when it was out for shipping. It said not yet shipped, and also it said shipped and to expect it in 1 week. Then it went back to not even being shipped. I could not track it at all. so, if it says this don't worry, most likely not definite you could receive it on launch day.

2. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

He's basically saying not to worry about the tracking info. No matter what it says, it'll be there on launch day.

3. Built macrumors 68020

That's good to know. I tend to track packages closely...Thanks for the info.

4. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Same. :D

5. Vin365 macrumors regular

6. jpep thread starter macrumors member

Shipping was free. No need to spend more.

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I'm probably going to pre-order. I don't know, I just dont feel like having to guess when to show up, let alone sit outside at AT&T in Georgia...

8. sjsharks13 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

9. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Hence why I pre-order from apple. never had a problem with there tracking or notification's. after the run around att gave me last year..

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Question - Say I wanted to hold onto my phone until next week since I can still return it, would that effect the time of shipping in any way? (Would pre-ordering next week still get me on on launch)? I mean, i dont mind if it comes on the 25th sinces that a friday.

11. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I'm thinking the same. Both Perimiter and Lenox malls were a joke. It's just unfortunate that the whole thing is a marketing tool to keep everyone in queues.

I'm still not sure what I'm doing.

12. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I remember watching my tracking info for the 3G and reading the threads/posts of people's updates. I laughed for hours when i had read someone who checked how many times he visited the tracking page and it was something like 972 times!!!!!!!!

13. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Anyone?

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

15. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Sorry I'm not folLowing. You want to pre-order for delivery but have the package held for delivery until the 25th?

16. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

No, people are saying they've had their pre-orders arrive on launch, my question is does it matter when you pre-order?

So can I hold onto my phone until a few days before and then pre-order on lets say, the 21st, would there still be a chance of getting it on my doorstep on the 24th?

The 25th thing was just me saying if I do that and it comes a day later, than thats fine.

17. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i think it all depends on their supply. at a certain point, apply will stop taking orders online for guaranteed shipment on the 24th. i dont understand why you dont just hold onto your phone until your new one arrives? whatever phone you have will work 100% until your new one arrives and you activate using itunes.

18. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

What he said. Additionally, apple may continue taking orders past the 21 but I highly doubt they will delivered on the 24th. I don't know if they will stop once they are out of the product or continue taking orders and anticipating or projecting a delivery date.

19. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i think they will just change their shipping date... sorry for the confusion. but i am sure it will be a vague date, not exact like the 24th.

20. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Just a question, cause the phone I have is the 3GS that im returning to get my eligibility back.

Its fine, I can use my moms, just need it during the weekdays in case I get called into work, thanks.

21. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hmm i see. i am not to sure in that situation then. i think it might be best to return your 3gs and use another phone for the time being. id hate for you to pre order your phone and not be eligible. i would try to return it today and pre order your new phone as soon as you see your eligibility is back. good luck.

22. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

There will still be a 1000 post thread full of people worrying.

23. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Yeah, after speaking with an AT&T rep im calling now to get an idea. I may just end up pre-ordering ASAP. My mom barely uses her phone so I dont think she'll mind. Shes eligible as well as she we havent upgraded since we first got our phones (before I got the 3GS).

24. bmms8 macrumors 68020

before you purchase your new iphone 4, make sure that your line in your family plan is the primary line. if it is just you and your mom, im assuming you are more likely to get a new phone more often. as long as you are the primary line you will always get better eligibility than her.