Don't you find the iPhone extremely addictive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gershon, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Gershon macrumors member

Gershon

Every year, new iPhone. This cycle prompts us to keep buying or waiting for better iPhones Apple releases every year. Who here thinks you are addicted to the iPhone cycle and will never change to another brand of phones ever again? ;)

Includes me with my 8GB iPhone and black 16GB iPhone 3G. Giving the iPhone 3GS a miss though this year. Same design = 3G's cracks = Fail. My iPhone 3G has hairline cracks around the dock connector.

So... Who here thinks you are addicted to the iPhone cycle and will never change to another brand of phones ever again? ;)

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Most probably will stick with the iPhone, but cannot say for certain until I see what other phones are around when my contract is up for renewal next year.

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Yeah I love it, the App Store and innovative design gives it longevity I guess..

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No more addictive then any other apple equipment. I held off buying an iPhone until the 3G came out and while I took the plunge for the 3GS I'm not sure I'll do the same next year.

5. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Yes I do! I mean I sleep with it for gods sake!
    lol

Never have done
    that with any
    other phone...

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

7. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I said the same thing, I was going to pass on the 3GS. But I went in to adjust my voice plan and the guy just wanted to see if I qualified for the $199 upgrade and I did. Talk about pressure!

I sold my 3G for $350 and got the new iPhone for $199. Yes I had to sign on for another year but here in Canada, options are limited and I can live with Rogers.

I love the new screen coating. So slick and clean. The speed is one thing I overlooked, everything just flies!

8. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Well, since I am posting with my 3GS right now even though my netbook is literally sitting two feet from me, I'd have to say YES! to the "are you addicted" question. :D

9. toughluck macrumors member

Hi my name is Matt and i am addicted... to the iPhone.

10. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah, add me to the addicted club too. It just seems like no other phone (at least for now) can give the same type of experience the iPhone does...or ANY Apple product for that matter. Before I got my iPhone, I never even thought about getting emails or browsing the interwebs on my phone, but ever since I got my 1st Gen, it's crazy how much that has changed.

11. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Ironically, id say it became addictive when the 3G_S came. I've had the first gen and the 3G, but the iPhone literally became the jebusphone in my eyes when 3.0 was applied to the much improved hardware. Now I have the confidence to use the Phone without crashes, slowdowns, or heat issues. It's that much of an evolutionary jump.

12. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I am very much addicted to my iPhone but I have a habit of getting bored with phones. It has been good enough so far to keep me from straying very far. I did get tempted by the Blackberry Bold for a few days but the software just wasn't up to my standards after using the iPhone. The biggest problem I have with the iPhone now is the interface looks pretty much the same as it did when it was first released. If Apple wants it to stay relevant they really need to update the UI and also make it more customizable. If that happens I'll definitely keep up with the new iPhone releases every year.

13. 2good2btru macrumors member

Heck yeah it's addictive! I've only had my 3GS for less than 15 hours and I can already say that I'm in love. It's my first iPhone and it's 20x better than I thought it would be. I've found uses for it that I couldn't even imagined. I've also noticed that the use of my laptop has gone way down. I'm literally sitting two feet away from it right now, and yet I'm still typing this out on my phone.

14. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Unless there is another 'iTunes' and 'Apple apps', most of us won't go any where. But, it's very unlikely that anyone could create another 'iTunes'.

15. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

The single fact that I spend more time on my PHONE than my
    desktop says quite a bit.

3-6 hours a day on my phone am I crazy???

16. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

You guys are killing me! I have been putting off getting an iphone for 2
    years and I am about to crack...my buddy with a 3g has been harassing me
    in jest almost everyday. I've saved a bunch of cash by not paying the data fees-but then has life been worth living as my friend would say?

17. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I was always addicted to my iphone but with 2G the 3rd party apps played a bigger role in the addiction.

With push, gps, video recorder (as a standard app), 3G network, 32GB HD, and the etc.. features of the 3GS I find myself more addicted to the phone itself even if I didn't have third party apps.

18. jessb Guest

I'm addicted and I haven't even gotten mine yet. I was an avid HTC lover but decided I was tired of the laggy boringness of my Tilt. I pick mine up tomorrow from the store & I've got my apps ready to go. Lame much?

19. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

It is amazing how the scales fall from our eyes.

I didn't have email on a phone for a long time. Later I understood why so many were addicted to Blackberries, years before most people had heard of any other kind of phone accessibility.

On the other hand, I've had remote web access for almost a decade. I first wirelessly surfed the web back in 2000 on an HP Handheld PC over CDPD (9600 bps!).

In some ways that old HPC was a superior browsing experience to now (despite the slow speed) because it had a 640x240 screen with IE4. Horizontal scrolling was rarely necessary while viewing the smaller web pages of the time. Zooming also wasn't needed.

The iPhone brought simple remote web browsing to everyone who can buy one. Now we just need the networks to keep up !

20. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

i was the same way. i used to think getting e-mails on a phone was dumb. now i'm addicted.

21. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'm hoping to live long enough to see several better products ;) For now, yeah it's the best phone I've ever owned, but I've managed to resist upgrading from my 2G.

22. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

It just keeps getting better and better, simply adding to the addiction.

The first generation iPhone is a gateway drug to the 3G S.

23. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I had an email address but never really used it. After I got this phone I created a Yahoo account to have everything forwarded to and I'm constantly using it now.

My email alert went off while typing this response. :D

24. Versus macrumors member

I've been using it for a few hours a day, but I wouldn't say I was addicted until yesterday. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Storm8 apps, but I've playing Racing Live all last night and today. I can't put the damn thing down! I really need to though, she's getting a little warm!

25. arykmax macrumors regular

It was so great to have my 3GS with me this morning at the Oklahoma aquarium. I got some good pictures and a pretty decent video. My wife's camera battery died about halfway through but mine has continued to last all day after taking an hour and a half of photos. I couldn't be happier with it.