Double-clicking home button results in app going to home screen then opening multitasking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikejd1, Sep 20, 2016.

1. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

Is anybody else experiencing issues with when you're in an app and you double-click the home button to enable multitasking, it goes to the home screen first and then opens multitasking?

I did submit a bug to Apple about 10 minutes ago

Not sure if this is an iOS 10 issue or iPhone 7 with the new home button related

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

Depending on how slow i am at double pressing it does the same, but if i double press fast it does its normal thing.

3. Skika macrumors 68030

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Yeah man like Skika said use 3D touch on the left edge of the screen for multi tasking, it will change your life :D...... In all seriousness its a little difficult at first but once you get used to doing it right its great.

5. tsang2320 macrumors regular

Haven't used both ways for quite a while now.

Go to general/accessibility/assistive touch/customize top level menu/3D touch action

Basically, with assistive touch ON and that 3D Touch action option set to multitasking, you can 3D Touch that assistive touch button and it jumps to multitasking screen. Double the reliability and speed for me.

Edit: I put the assistive touch button to right lower side next to my thumb and 3D Touch in light sensitivity so it's a slight tap to keep switching apps. :)

6. Skika macrumors 68030

Or you could just you know, force touch on the left side of the screen and enter multitasking??

7. tsang2320, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

tsang2320 macrumors regular

Yeah I know. I hold my plus with my right hand on the go while switching between iMessage and safari all the time. My thumb doesn't need to move and it works in landscape this way.

Those assistive touch shortcuts are handy so I have it on anyways.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

OP, I'm seeing the same thing on my 7 Plus and wife's 7. It's a very weird glitch.
    I love using the 3D Touch multitasking shortcut, but not possible with right-handed use on 7 Plus for me. And I hate the Assistive Touch option with the virtual button.