downgrade os4 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wolfgang666, Jun 28, 2010.

1. wolfgang666 macrumors regular

i accidentally upgraded d os on my 3gs...when i try to downgrade to 3.1.3 itunes throws up a msg saying that the phone is isnt compatible with the selected build..dis is happnenin even before a 1015 error is supposed to come up..so i gather d os is not downgrading at all...or rather itunes is not lettin it do it...
    can anyone tel me wats goin wrong here??

2. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

try these step as instructed from the following link:

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2010/06/downgrade-iphone-3g-3gs-ios-4-gm-to-os-3-1-3/

Step 3: After restore process if you encountered an error message like 1011, 1013, 1015, just ignore them(Actually the firmware is already successfully installed). To exit recovery mode download Recboot, once you finishes your download launch Recboot app and hit the “exit recovery mode” button

3. wolfgang666 thread starter macrumors regular

dats d prob even before d restore process takes place, itunes throws up a msg dat d isnt compatible with d build. if it atleast does d software restore and throws up error 1015 or etc...i hav all d tools to finish d job...

4. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

dat's wack!

:D
    good luck with d job, man...

5. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

Apple released iOS 4.0, so as of today, Apple has stopped signing 3.1.3 restore files. That means that if you have a 3GS iPhone you cannot restore any firmware other than iOS 4. If you guys updated to iOS 4 and wanna go back to OS 3.1.3 or below here is the step by step guide to downgrade your iPhone 3GS iOS 4 to 3.1.3 or below. This hack can be attempted only for those, who saved their SHSH to Cydia Server before the release of iOS 4.0 via Cydia “make my life easier” button.

quoted from link below:

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2010/06/downgrade-iphone-3gs-ios-4-0-to-3-1-3-with-cydia-shsh/

Note:

This process is only for those who saved their SHSH to Cydia Server already

6. wolfgang666 thread starter macrumors regular

wish u were of a lil bit more help then jst sittin and laughin ther...

7. wolfgang666 thread starter macrumors regular

so m pretty much stuck rite since i cant downgrade and no jb tools r out yet for os4.0
    any idea when i cud b able to jb d official release of OS4.0???

8. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Yeah, sorry bout that. You made it too easy. I'm actually likely to downgrade a 3G myself, but have yet to try so I won't be much help. Just keepin' it light. Forums are kinda tense these days.

Someone posted this earlier today. Have a look:
    http://lifehacker.com/5572003/how-to-downgrade-your-iphone-3g

Best of luck...for real. :)

9. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Yes you're stuck. If you don't have a previous SHSH saved such as 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 you cannot downgrade - Apple stopped signing those. There's no one who knows an ETA on an iOS4 JB, the DevTeam is still working hard on it.

10. GtotheK macrumors member

Shsh?

hi guys,
    I'm going to try and downgrade to 3.1.3. but what's this SHSH thing? How do I know if I saved it or not? I don't want to attempt to downgrade and end up bricking my iphone. I was going to follow the guide posted a couple posts previously. Has it worked for anyone?

11. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Are you using a 3G? If so, you can downgrade to 3.1.3. It will probably throw you until a restore loop, but you can download blackra1n and run that to break the loop.

12. AWD iPhone macrumors member

AWD iPhone

Im going back to 3.1.3, ios 4 is WAY buggy for me and lame and I miss backgrounder way bad.

Anyone else having problems with iheart radio on ios 4 ? and other unlocking problems when someone calls ? I hate this **** :mad:

13. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

How can you understand what everyone is telling you if you don't speak english?

14. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

life hacker worked

I followed the instructions on life hacker and it worked like a charm!!!

15. still in school macrumors 6502

More info please?

Model phone?
    SHSH backup?
    What did you use and or do different?

16. dendkmac macrumors member

dendkmac

I had to downgrade from ios4 on the 3G today back to 3.1, it was running way to slow. It looks like the 3GS or higher is the only way to go with it.

17. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

maybe other people who type like 12 year old asian girls can understand him.

18. still in school macrumors 6502

nah, it's more like ghetto people typing style

19. goats macrumors newbie

pwnagetool

Do the lifehacker directions affect the baseband preserved by pwnagetool? I have a 3GS with old baseband which I had jb at 3.1.2 and just used pwnagetool 4.01 to go to iOS4. Those were the only two times I ever jb my 3GS(no Spirit or anything else). I would like to downgrade to 3.1.3(I have the 3.1.3 blobs on file) because I'm one of the unfortunate few whose Settings.app won't open after going to iOS4 and it seems to be a little buggy in general. Hoping a fix is released for the Settings problem and in the meantime would be fine with going back to 3.1.3. Could it be as easy as just downgrading with pwnagetool or are the ihackintosh directions the only option? Can't seem to find any directions for using pwnagetool to downgrade from iOS4.

20. iFalcon macrumors regular

Thanks OP.

I successfully downgraded my 3GS from 4 to 3.1.3.

My phone has the old bootroom, 359.3, and was previously jailbroken with Spirit s. I have SHSH onfile from 3.1.3.

At this point, what is the best way via Windows to jailbreak again? Still Spirit and a better method that sets me up from additional jailbreaks in the future.

Thanks.

21. fobia79 macrumors member

I was able to downgrade my 3G from 4 to 3.1.3 again BUT the modem firmware is now 5.13.04 Am I going to be able to jailbreak again? and how?

22. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The same way you jailbroke the phone before.

I downgraded my 3G a few days ago and jailbroke it with Spirit.

23. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Many people who text alot forget that the rest of the world uses real English for written communication.

24. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

25. fobia79 macrumors member

Well I used Pwnage 4 but I am not sure if the older version (3.1.5) will work with the new modem firmware. Any ideas?