Downgrading to ios 6.1.4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Abba 701, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Abba 701 macrumors regular

If you click check for update then a 6.1.4 Ipsw will it update back to 6.1.4 with all your data as well or everything will be erased?

2. gglittle macrumors regular

Not in my experience. I kept getting a 4027 error, had to connect to my Mac via a USB cable, load Xcode, remove 7 using my registered iPhone portal, and then restore 6.1.3, which then up updated to 6.1.4. My understanding though is that you force your phone into DFU, and then restore the proper version of iOS 6. You will, however, loose the data contained in your apps.

3. johannnn macrumors 6502a

johannnn

google 'downgrade ios7 to ios6' and you'll find tons of links
    turn your phone into DFU mode, then alt+click Restore in iTunes and choose your downloaded ipsw file for ios6. Everything will be deleted, but hopefully iTunes have a backup of what you had before you upgraded to ios7, and when you set up your new ios6 phone you'll get the option to restore from that backup

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You will lose all your data, unless you do a restore + backup. And even then, you may not get 100% back of all files and app data.

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

DFU, restore to the 6.1.4 ipsw, restore from local backup worked for me. All files and savegames etc intact.

6. Zeeshee macrumors regular

Nothing special to do. I just clicked Alt Restore and browsed to ipsw of 6.1.4 and it worked fine in both betas.

7. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Yes, but you can't restore 6.1.4 with a backup taken from 7 beta, correct? So, anything not saved up to the cloud in the time you've been on 7 beta will be lost, when you go back to 6.1.4.

8. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

it will downgrade just fine on DFU mode but backup will not work, it will tell you that the version of the backup is too high and not compatible

beware

----------

lucky bastard it didn't work for me :(