DownLoad Activation Script.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KoolStar, Jan 15, 2008.

1. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

When you purchase the new application for the ipod touch, it downloads the file to the username/Library/itunes/Mobile Applications. This leads me to believe that the apps are already in the 1.1.3 firmware and that the download is a script that changes the permissions to the files. From the fact that no one has access to the ipod touch 1.1.3 file structure, im not sure for 100%, but that is my best guess, being that my file that i purchased was only 12KB. The file name of the file is "iPod touch App Pack 4A93.ipa" What are your guys thoughts.

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

NICE FIND DUDE! I wonder if this is all we need to get the Apps activated on the iPod touch. Someone's gonna zip this and put it on RapidShare aren't they?

Edit:

If you change the extension to .zip, it expands into an archive filled with some neat files.

3. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Im sure they will, the only thing is i dont know if they tag it with your itunes information, so i know i wont be sending it up untill i check that out.

I managed to get the file open, and there are four files located in the .ipa file.
    The four files are:
    Manifest.plist
    Manifest.plist.p7b
    nikita_receipt.plist
    nikita_receipt.plist.sinf

Will update when more info comes.

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I figured it out!

Rename the "iPod touch App Pack 4A93.ipa" to nikita.zip and download iPhoneDrive. Then launch iPhoneDrive and make sure you're using Advanced Mode and make a new folder called "Nikita" on your iPod. Then copy the "nikita.zip" file into that folder and restart your iPod touch.

5. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I looked at the files that i could at the moment, the receipt files are encrypted, but i did see that my name off my itunes account is stored in there, so it is safe to assume that your itunes information is loaded to the touch and verified each time it is synced seems to be the most likely at the moment.

Spaz how are you connecting to the 1.1.3 ipod, there is no known way to access the file system at the moment that i know of.

6. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Is this, **gulp** the beginning of the 1.1.3 hackings right in front of our eyes?;)

Great job guys, by this time next week, we'll be able to make phone calls on the iPod touch.;):D:apple:

7. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

iPhoneDrive: http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iphonedrive/

It gives you access to the "Media" folder only... and it just so happens that it is the same place that Apple put the "Nikita" folder with the "nikita.zip" file in it... and the nikita.zip file contains all those funky files.

8. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I just tried it, good work for the two of us. Now we need to find a different file to test our theory that we can share one download.

9. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Is it possible, through the encrypted files, to change the Apple ID and password to our own right inside of the file?

10. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

Ive been thinking this all along. ;)

11. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Im not sure at the moment, im trying to find out how the file is encrypted, and when i looked at the encrypted file, i can only see the first and last name, and nothing else yet, so i assume that the rest of the information is encrypted for privacy rights.

12. Pippen Man macrumors regular

I wonder what would happen if I put that file on my own iPod touch? Would it kick it out because its not my Apple ID? Hmm.

13. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Im trying to contact a friend of mine and try this particular task but i have had no luck getting ahold of them. If there is anyone out there that would like to send me theirs i can try. If not i understand the concern. Im still working on the decryption.

14. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Would I have to upgrade to 1.1.3? Because I don't know if there is any turning back with downgrading back to 1.1.1. If I can downgrade, I'll give it a try.

15. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I tried it with a friend that already spent $60 trying to get the freakin' apps on his iPod and it's not working. I wish it was something visible we could see happening because there's no dialogs, no download progress, no nothing and then we're just supposed to wait and see if they appear on the screen?

No dice.

16. Pippen Man macrumors regular

And that software that you need to put it on the iPod, is that only for a Mac? Because I'm running on gods's OS. (Vista):rolleyes:

17. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

iPod touch owners CAN downgrade all they want and iPhone owners can downgrade as well but, when iPhone owners downgrade, their SIM cards won't work with 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 anymore but, they can still downgrade. So I think you're in the safe.

18. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Can this be confirmed? Do you know anyone that has upgraded, then downgraded? I have a perfectly working 1.1.2 iPod touch, that seems almost perfect to me. But I'm always looking for new adventures with this thing.;)

19. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I did mine with a fresh upgrade of 1.1.3 i did a recovery and upgrade and then did the app install and it took mear seconds. I purchased it and then i disconnected my ipod and turned it on and they were there. He didnt spend 60 buck either. It just keeps looking at your itunes purchases and if it sees it there it will not purchase it.

20. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

This does not work. :rolleyes: Nice try.

21. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

22. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Come on Toxic, we don't need "Didn't work. Haha" stuff. Trial and error! Within the week, 1.1.3 will be successfully hacked.

23. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I found that the .sinf is a binary file. Making some progress.

The files are encrypted with RSA Encryption which can be found in the Manifest.plist.p7b by loading it into the keychain access application. The ipod touch apps certificate expires on Tues, June 21, 20011 3:08:25 PM EST.

24. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Could it be that the Apps are just hidden? Like with what you can do in Customize? If that is true, then it a N45AP.plist (or whatever it is) change that has to be done.

25. KoolStar thread starter macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Pip I would but i already know that my information is stored in the files, and once the files are opened, there is a potential for my information to be viewed. And i already have had issues with id theift before. Dont want to go through that again.