Download of iOS 6 Beta 2 for None Devs

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MikeM87, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any site suggestions to download iOS 6 beta 2 for the new iPad.

I'm not a developer so dont have a developer account.

Thanks in advance :)

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No and you shouldn't use Betas if you are not a developer.

3. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

I'll admit i've used beta's before and never really had a problem....

Have a nice day ;)

4. viperGTS macrumors 65816

Restore to 5.1.1, shift+update to 6.0 beta. Worked for me

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You shouldn't even use them... there have been people stuck with dead devices because of usage of unauthorized betas on non-dev devices

6. knightfolk macrumors member

Q. When did it become the norm for people to have no guilt about breaking the law?

A. When it became easy to do so with relative anonymity using a computer.

Q. OP, Would you walk into a 7-11 and just start consuming a corn dog, and cherry slurpee; then proceed to brag about how good it tastes to the clerk as you walk out the door?

A. No way in hell you would; but stealing from the safety of your home somehow makes you 10 foot tall and bullet proof.

Why is it so hard to accept that when the software is ready for your device it will be pushed to it? Impulse control lad... Google it :)

7. MoltenGold macrumors newbie

LOL. Are you a proud member of the Apple Gestapo by any chance ?

And here I sat believing in the joy of discovery and endless tinkering :rolleyes:

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its simple, sign up and pay to be a developer.

9. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

Just do that and update over the air.

I don't see how it's stealing when it's something Apple gives away for free. The developer fee is for you to make apps, not give you access to the betas. Telling people up sign up just to get them is just as bad.

10. pdjudd macrumors 601

The developer preview versions of any OD is most certainly not free. You must be a paid developer. THe only thing that is free is Xcode and the developer SDK - and even then you only get full releases - not previews.

That is 100% false. I am a non-paid developer and I have no access to the developer previews of iOS. I never had access to them and I have been a member for several years. Outside of developer resources (documentation and video) the only software that I officially can get is Xcode and the iOS SDK. That is not the same thing as DP software.

The only way you can legally get it for free is if a developer is providing you access for legitimate development or you get invited by Apple directly. Any other source is not permitted for discussion per the rules of the forum.

11. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

So... it's not possible to legally obtain the iOS betas without paying $99 for a developer account. Thus, how does Apple give them away for free?

As pdjudd stated, you are absolutely and completely incorrect on this. The betas are expressly intended for developers so they can make sure their app works on the next version of iOS before it's actually released. They're NOT for the general public (as evidenced by people bricking their phones when using unauthorized betas). Yes, they're possible to get via illicit means. That doesn't mean you should.

We'll take back our words if you can prove Apple does indeed give the betas away for free. And, by for free, we mean a public download officially from Apple. You'll not find one.

12. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

It's not really all that buggy. Well, besides the app store.

13. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Moderator Note:

iOS betas are only made available to paid developers from the iOS Dev Center and providing links to unauthorised download sites is against the forum rules.

From the Forum Rules:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.