Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leroy33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
TOKYO
New to the forums but I'd appreciate some help.
I am currently a PC user but I just ordered a macbook today*the 2.4ghz version)
Anyways, I wouldn't call myself a hard core gamer but I occasionally like to play COD4, Age of empires 3, age of mythology and spore.
Ive noticed that apple.com offers demos of these games I think.
I was wondering if I can buy the full version of the game from the demo, like sometimes game demos go for a 60 minute trial and you can either buy the game and keep playing or just uninstall it, is it the same with mac games?

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
It's up to each game developer whether or not they want to program it that way. I doubt the games you've listed will support it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Many casual games are like that. You download the entire game and it has either a timer or a progress cutoff that stops you. As Leroy said, and I agree, the games you mentioned most likely are stand alone demos. Full versions will have to purchased separately.

Leroy33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
TOKYO
dang,
oh well, thanks for the info guys
its kinda hard to buy those games i mentioned earlier cuz i live in tokyo, and i want the english versions

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
dang,
oh well, thanks for the info guys
its kinda hard to buy those games i mentioned earlier cuz i live in tokyo, and i want the english versions

Maybe you can order them online, or maybe your local store offer english version, or the game its self offers for you to select a language upon installation.

Leroy33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
TOKYO
i checked out two apple stores in tokyo yesterday, the ginza one and the shibuya one. the only games or should i say game that i found, that was an english version was Civilization 4. It was priced at about 7,000 yen or 70 dollars......
i think i might just go to akihabara and hope for some better deals there.
thnks for all the help guys!

Leroy33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
TOKYO
ebay is a good idea but shipping fees and custom fees are just crazy,
amazon might be good. i think i can only order from the japanese amazon site since im living in Japan at the moment. I'll check it out, thanks for you suggestion.,

leumluath

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2005
Unless there are some special Japanese restrictions, it shouldn't be a problem. I've ordered from the UK Amazon store and had things shipped to the US. Just set yourself up with an account on the foreign site.

ebay is a good idea but shipping fees and custom fees are just crazy,
amazon might be good. i think i can only order from the japanese amazon site since im living in Japan at the moment. I'll check it out, thanks for you suggestion.,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.