MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last month, Apple introduced a Mac Pro Wheels Kit designed for the Mac Pro that adds wheels to the machine after purchase. The kit is priced at $699.

For anyone interested in what it's like to get their hands on the wheels kit, popular YouTuber Unbox Therapy has posted a dramatically staged, tongue-in-cheek unboxing video.

It's an admittedly lengthy watch at 7 minutes and 45 seconds, but its irreverent take on unboxing may appeal to viewers who would balk at the prospect of splashing that much cash on a set of computer wheels.

When adding wheels to the ?Mac Pro? when making an initial purchase, Apple charges $400, but the standalone kit to be used after purchase is $300 more because the pre-purchase price includes the price of removing the $300 feet.

Mac Pro? users who want to purchase the wheels add-on kit can do so from Apple's online store.

Article Link: Dramatic Unboxing of Apple's $700 Mac Pro After-Purchase Wheels Kit

MNLondon

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2009
London
well, what a joke!!
Are they made of gold?
Correct me if I'm wrong please, my US buddies, but doesn't someone buying these just write them off through the tax system as an expense? if so, everyone's going to be buying them and Apple can spend the money on making bright new shiny things for the rest of us!

theluggage

macrumors 603
Jul 29, 2011
Apple charges $400, but the standalone kit to be used after purchase is $300 more because the pre-purchase price includes the price of removing the $300 feet.

Wow. Those Feet cost an arm and a leg... but don't worry, Apple products hold their value so you'll be able to sell your Feet on eBay for at least $250...

Waiting for the $500 Apple Wedge to jam under the Wheels so that they don't roll away...

theluggage

macrumors 603
Jul 29, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong please, my US buddies, but doesn't someone buying these just write them off through the tax system as an expense?

I know you wouldn't think it by the way some people talk, but "Writing something off against tax" doesn't mean you get it for free, it just means that you don't pay income tax on that money. OK, in a badly-designed and chaotic tax system (i.e. all of them) there are a few circumstances in which it might have a disproportionate effect, but generally I think it's just people being irrational about tax.

I guess from an accountant's point-of-view that's a really big deal, since their ability to minimise your tax bill is the #1 justification for not replacing them with a spreadsheet.

sunapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
lew is the worst big-time youtuber ever. right up there with logan/jake paul. jerry rig everything is a close second.

Awh, did some YouTuber hurt your feelings? 🥱

Edit: Yeah, keep the hate coming 🤗 Jerry is the nicest guy on the internet and Lew doesn’t deserve half the hate he gets, comparing them to the Paul brothers makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Not the channel I would recommend, but I suppose it's a slow news day, and iJustine sure is taking her own sweet time to cover the Mac Pro wheels. :confused:

Reactions: KurtWilde
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.