dre beats sound poo on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by littleman18, Apr 7, 2012.

1. littleman18 macrumors member

They sound perfect on iPhone but on iPad the bass is too loud even when I lower it :/ help anyone

2. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

I agree... Borrowed my sisters studio and on the wife's iPhone it sounds fine but on my iPad, low and too much bass. My other headphones sound fine too

3. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

4. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

5. oli356 macrumors 6502

Got a point troll. Maybe try some better headphones which are cheaper :cool:

6. Gary79 macrumors newbie

Gary79

No offense, but I found the Beats line to be quite terrible for the price. While they sounded fine for hip-hop or dubstep, everything else was terribly drowned out with bass. They are very stylish, but that wasn't enough for me. My priorities for headphones are 1. Sound quality 2. Comfort 3. Noise reduction 4. Style.

I'm no audiophile, but I am quite picky, so I've tried many different headphones over the past few months. For stationary home use, I have Sennheiser RS170 wireless, and they are perfect for TV/movie/gaming, or if I'm listening to music while doing work around the house.

I mainly use my iPad on the go, often times in noisy environments, so I opted to go with Bose QC 15. Now, the audiophiles may call me a hypocrite, as most of them categorize Bose as garbage along with Beats, but I have to say, I love this model. The sound seems perfectly balanced, they are the most comfortable cans I've ever worn, and the noise canceling is amazing. I love the fact that I can detach the cable and still use them as a wireless silencer. I frequently find myself in chaotic environments at work, and I can throw these on simply for the silence and focus on my work.

I will eventually try the ATH-M50s and maybe some V-Modas, as both come highly recommended. I think I have a new obsession.

7. TahoeBlue macrumors member

Did you try the bass reducer setting for the music app?

8. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

First of all, it's a joke... here's a dollar, go buy a sense of humor...

2nd, I can name about 15 pairs of better sounding headphones that cost less than 300 dollars off the bat and none of them have the word "Beats" on them.

3rd of all... I'm not going to name off the 15.

So there... :p

9. Stefx73 macrumors regular

Those who think "expensive = better" are the ones who buy Monster HDMI cables for 200$

10. bobright macrumors 601

11. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Xb500s are the best bang for your buck. But if you want cleaner mids go with the Xb700 which I found much better for rock music.

That is, if you can still find any of them. Sony discontinued the whole line. :(

12. oli356 macrumors 6502

Probably worded that wrongly. I'm with you guys, they are damn expensive headphones for the quality you get... Paying for the name!

Got a point troll - ok I shouldnt have said that, didn't make sense.
    Maybe try some better headphones what are cheaper - agreeing with you about beats headphones being bad.

I own Klipsch x1s and I had some dr dre IEMs, I think the dre ones are double the price. Thought the Klipsch ones were far better.

And Stef, the new one is a ridiculous SATA cable which apparently improves sound quality...?!?!?!

13. sekazi macrumors 6502

I am using ATH-M50 though an Arrow amp though a line out and sounds fine to me. Same as iPhone and iPod.

I tried it out for a few minutes and to me it just sounds like it raises the treble, adds a slight echo, adds a bit of crossfeed and make it louder. Too artificial for me. Plus the iPad cannot power a good pair of headphones properly anyways.

I did this with my headphones hooked directly to the iPad headphone port.

Nothing beats Line Out > Amp > Headphones. Once you try it you will never use the headphone port again.

14. littleman18 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I have tried that same thing happened :(

And I didn't pay much for my beats only £160 and the sound quality is better than my apple earphones and some other headphones I have plus they fit nicely onmy head and ears

15. ibis99 macrumors regular

"Dre Beats" always sound like "poo".

There marketing hype garbage.

16. sekazi macrumors 6502

Everything is better than apple earphones.

17. nightsky971 macrumors member

nightsky971

dre beats sound poo on anything ... fixed ;)

Seriously though, I do believe these are way over-hyped. You can get some much better (and balanced) cans for the money.

18. littleman18 thread starter macrumors member

Was planning on getting the sync by 50cent because they are wireless has anyone tried them ?

19. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

From what I've seen and read, they are actually pretty good headphones.

No one is saying they are the best headphones available, or even for the price.. but i've not seen a single review claiming they sounded bad. Most every review says they actually sound pretty great.

20. Feed Me, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

Please stop buying headphones made by rappers.

21. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Everyone becomes an audiophile in Beats threads :rolleyes:

22. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

What a coincidence.

23. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I have some powerbeats I need to try out on the iPad. Last I checked, they sounded ok but I don't typically use them with my iPad.

24. bobright macrumors 601

Wow I might buy another pair if I can find some as a spare love mine (going to take extra care of them now that's for sure lol). I hear ya about the 700s but opted for the 500 as I'm a bass/rap music lover they were more suited to that IMO.

25. LJ50 macrumors member

Or people with an interest in audio are more likely to open and post on a thread about headphones....

For what it's worth, my view is that the over the top, synthetic bass of the Beats ruins music for me. I've used the iPad with Sennheiser HD-25 II's, Superlux HD665's, Westone UM2's, Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10's, SoundMagic PL50's....you get the picture. The point being that the iPad is by no means an audiophile device (my Cowon S9 definitely sounds better) but the audio quality - obviously when using a decent encoding of files - is not too bad at all.

----------

This is generally my view. I don't like the over the top bass on the Beats, but that apart they don't sound "bad". They just don't sound anywhere near as good as something that price should do. There are myriad better choices for less money.