Drinking Contest

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by designgeek, Jun 11, 2011.

1. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Hey all, haven't posted in a while, thought I'd say hi and seek advice from some of the wisest people on the internet. :)

Some girl i work with was at a party with me and we were all playing drinking games during which she refused to drink anything. I made incredibly girly sweet drinks and she kept turning her nose up at them. She wouldn't even chug a PBR. I mean, don't get me wrong, PBR sucks but anyone can chug it. After everyone (instigated by me) giving her crap about wanting to get drunk, but not actually willing to drink anything, she challenged me to a drinking contest later this summer to prove that she's not a looser.

Which brings me to my question: should we drink beer or hard alcohol?

I have at least 40-50 pounds on her (that's 18-23ish kilos or 3-4 stone for my english friends:)) and I drink regularly so I've got that as well. I've also been told that i hold my alcohol very well, I had about 20 shots on my 21st birthday and could still mostly walk unaided. :cool: If we drink beer i'll have an unfair advantage, it takes a sixer of PBR to get me buzzed and that's only if i drink it really quickly. However, the disadvantages of hard alcohol are pretty obvious. Any advice, opinions, senseless jabber?

tl;dr: tiny girl challenges me to drinking contest after wimping out at a party, should we drink beer or good old hard alcohol?

**DISCLAIMER** I understand that this is stupid and very possibly dangerous, however, I am not one to back down from a challenge that I have a good shot at winning.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

stick with beer, she doesn't sound like an experienced drinker.

See if she'll try the century club! One shot of beer every minute for one hundred minutes.

Sounds easy doesn't it?

3. macdim macrumors 6502

Century is fun. Sounds easy, but it's incredibly challenging.

If you have 40-50lbs on her, I don't think it matters what you drink. You'll obliterate her.

If you drink hard, you'll just beat her faster. Just make sure to take it slow. No likey alcohol poisoning.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

A good beer, with some noshes thrown in. :cool:

You need some colour, for a good ralph. :p

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

My brother Cheese Cake once went out for a few drinks with my then-girlfriend and another female chum. He probably had around three stone weight advantage over them, and the best part of a foot in height.

They both drank him under the table with considerable ease.

Beware, young designgeek. Your friend's supping abilities may surprise you.

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

Beer. If she really isn't a big drinker, then the hard stuff will make her puke. Do you really want to see that? Beer tends to fill one up before it gets to messy concentrations.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Based on your post OP, I'd say you've lost already.

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I can't decide which part of this story I find more immature. It's either that you think it's OK to pressure people to drink or that she thinks she needs to drink to not be a looser. Either way I think they whole thing is pretty disgusting. I'd be embarrassed of myself if I were you.

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

+1
    True.

Face it OP, what part of NO did you and your friends not understand?
    Why stop at forcing someone to get drunk?

10. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Let me be clear, she wanted to get drunk, she just didn't like anything we gave her. We were complaining about that. I would never pressure someone to do that. I made her a white Russian with Belvedere vodka for gods sake, it was delicious. She said it was gross. She wouldnt even finish a cosmo...

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I never met a girl/woman that didn't like a Zombie. :D

12. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

13. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

HAHA! I'd kinda like to live to tell about it though. ;)

14. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

do note that she put him off with a "later this summer".....which often translates as....."never gonna happen"

15. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

Nope. She keeps asking me about it. Like weather we should drink beer or hard a and the exact date. She has also told me that she's excited about it. Can we get over this and just answer the question please?

16. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

I feel bad about that, it was kind of rude. It seems that with any thread I start people just read half of it and go from there. No one's being forced to do anything and never was. There's a forum for that kind of advice and it's called 4chan. However, I'm here, and I know that a lot of you have/had a blast when you were/are my age, and I thought I'd seek some advice. :)

I told her about the century club and she thinks she won't be able to drink any beer let alone that much so we're probably going with vodka. Which is great for me because what little dignity I have left from an incident in the back of my friends truck will be gone in a flash since vodka turns me into a slut the girls from the Jersey Shore would be proud of. :/

17. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Beer. You'll win easy.

If there's anything better than winning it's winning a drinking contest.

Keg Race was always a good one at my Uni, Hundred Club also - we had a very talented Bicentennial Man who won it for us most years. I brought Carlsberg Elephant Beer to one - bad move, very VERY bad move...

Just watch out, I had a fair bit of weight on my last girlfriend and she destroyed me in the drinking contest arena.

18. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

This is what I'm afraid if, other times we were drinking I was impressed with how well she was holding it despite her petite size. ;)

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My thoughts exactly.

20. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Might be stuck at the Rite of Passage stage?? ;)

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Same here. OP, you need to take a look at yourself. This is weird. I like my booze, but this whole thread topic is just...let's put it this way, if I were dating you, you would have been dumped by now.

22. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

23. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

My guess is the OP is 18-20, possibly just graduated high school. Look, when you're at a party and you're 18 it's cool to be able to drink a lot in everyones mind. It's even better to give a girl a hard time. It's how they flirt. Then once you find something, such as a drinking contest, that peeks their interest you beat it into the ground. Later in college or possibly right after he will learn that the drinking contest should of been left as a one time joke that night and then the right thing to do would be to take her out on a fun date without alcohol keeping the drinking contest as some sort of inside joke thing.

I remember when I was desperate and excited in school. Similar story was hanging out with a girl one night at a pool trying to get her to go skinny dipping. The excuse was the same "yeah not now but later I will". Then I kept asking her about it until she finally told me to get a life. I soon realized either she didn't want to do it and didn't want confrontation that night or she would of done it but wanted to see if that's all I cared about.

OP, save this thread and read it in a few years and let's see how you feel.

24. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

still, guys keep falling for that line over and over and over.......maybe it's proof of some genetic defect in men :p