Droid?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLoyal, Mar 4, 2011.

1. iLoyal macrumors regular

Hi, recently sold my iPhone 4 due to the fact I'd been waiting for months and months for the unlock (not complaining)

I decided to move on to the Droid and I have T-mobile. The phone that I'm considering about is the Droid A855 factory unlocked.
    What are the pros and cons of this phone? Does it worth buying?
    Price: $400-$500.

PS. Not a Mac hater; own mac products myself and currently working in an IT company that deals with macs. Just felt that I want something different.

Thanks

2. vachargerfan macrumors regular

You might want to go to a Droid forum. They could answer any questions you would have a lot better then most here

3. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, but already did and none could answer due to the fact that they were all Verizon users.

4. Krandor macrumors 6502

Most people on here will be verizon or AT&T users and not that many T-Mobile users.

5. jdlindsey7 macrumors regular

If you're on T-Mobile go with the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. Root it and learn about custom ROMS. AKASKRILLER.COM is a good place to start.

6. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, but I already have the Samsung Galaxy S 4g; got it brand new from T-mobile for $100, but really want something new instead of Iphone or Iphone copier.

7. jdlindsey7 macrumors regular

Have you tried rooting the phone and installing custom roms? It gives you the ability to tinker a little bit more than the stock android that is pre-installed.

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

LOL. You own "mac products"

Obviously you have mistaken macrumors with a droid drone site.

9. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

and obviously you're mistaken my intension here. Im here to seek for help and knowledge; Not barks or argument.

Thanks

10. macinnv macrumors regular

If you are around enough Wifi then stick with the iPhone and just unlock it. You'll only have access to 2G but 2G iPhone is better than 4G android. Otherwise, if you are into rooting then get the Samsung 4G. If you dont like to root then dont do Samsung. Their TouchWiz is awful. The G2 is a great phone with pure Android, but the phone is plagued with a loose hinge. They have some good phones coming out soon. One is called the HTC Pyramid which is similar to the Evo.

11. Roadking macrumors 6502

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

12. ViPhone macrumors 6502

^ Like.

And..just as a general rule: Avoid T-Mobile.

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

14. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Actually the best Android phone on T-mobile is the Nexus-S. It offer the pure Google experience with no carrier or manufactured bloatware, and it is a super smooth/slick phone. One of the top Droids on the market.