Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NorCalLights

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
Works from site only, can still only generate a code from the website or public folder.

Desktop
-Public Folder

Website
-All Files and Folders

From my desktop client, I have a "get shareable link" option for every file and folder in my Dropbox. I think you need to upgrade to the most recent build.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Probably will be able to in the desktop client after its out of beta im assuming unless I got the wrong client.

I'm running 1.1.23 and can generate shareable links from anywhere inside my dropbox folder. If you've just enabled the new sharing model you may have to quit and restart dropbox for the new menu items to become available

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-04 at 17.58.57.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-04 at 17.58.57.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 39

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm running 1.1.23 and can generate shareable links from anywhere inside my dropbox folder. If you've just enabled the new sharing model you may have to quit and restart dropbox for the new menu items to become available

Damn you are on the ball today :cool: Restarted and poof, link is there now. Any other tips from the dropbox expert?

qoo77

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
cloudapp is great for sharing links and an occassional one or two picture between my iOS devices for now. Or share files that I don't want moved out of its current location and cluttering my dropbox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.