iPad mini Dropped iPad

Stacked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hey guys, so I got my new ipad mini 2 last week and I've managed to drop it already. My earpods were plugged in and it fell directly on the audio jack with the pin/plug still in. The audio jack still works fine but the plug end of the earpods is a bit bent from the impact. Just wondering if you guys think there could have been any damage to the audio jack (on the ipad) in particular ? It still works but i don't know if i'm being paranoid!:(

Attachments

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
If it works... don't sweat it. I know it sucks anyway to drop anything you paid so much for - you really don't feel the same about it.

Just use it and be happy though.

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
If there's no evidence on the iPad that it's been dropped, just get it swapped out for some fictitious fault like a two-tone screen.

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Apple DOES care (as any company does) plus it's morally wrong and border line fraud.
Really

And I bet no one on here has made up some crap to get their beaten up iPhone swapped for a nice new one on the 11th month of the warranty?

Everyone's a saint.

Stacked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
If it works... don't sweat it. I know it sucks anyway to drop anything you paid so much for - you really don't feel the same about it.

Just use it and be happy though.
Exactly how I felt :( I definitely don't feel the same way about it but hopefully it passes and I can start to enjoy it again :p Anyways even if I was planning to return it (which i'm not). I don't think I could get this scratch pass them anyways :rolleyes: The scratch is right next to the lock button.

Attachments

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
If there's no evidence on the iPad that it's been dropped, just get it swapped out for some fictitious fault like a two-tone screen.
I got no problems with your crooked line of thinking but 2tone screen is not a fictitious thing that you can claim....it must exist to begin with.

And speaking of 'morally wrong and borderline fraud', i think its much worse for apple to put out an unusually large number of uneven, ****** retina screens and not breathe a word about it.

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I got no problems with your crooked line of thinking but 2tone screen is not a fictitious thing that you can claim....it must exist to begin with.

And speaking of 'morally wrong and borderline fraud', i think its much worse for apple to put out an unusually large number of uneven, ****** retina screens and not breathe a word about it.
Well the ones I returned had yellow, but it wasn't actually visible in the Apple Store

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
Well the ones I returned had yellow, but it wasn't actually visible in the Apple Store
That's in your case.... but here you are asking a guy who dropped his to claim he has a yellow screen....he better have a yellow screen then or else this trick might backfire.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida

See? This is the kind of post that cracks me up. So Apple producing a screen with a yellow tint is MUCH WORSE than being "morally wrong and borderline fraud".

I'm just gonna consider this for a while.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Hey guys, so I got my new ipad mini 2 last week and I've managed to drop it already. My earpods were plugged in and it fell directly on the audio jack with the pin/plug still in. The audio jack still works fine but the plug end of the earpods is a bit bent from the impact. Just wondering if you guys think there could have been any damage to the audio jack (on the ipad) in particular ? It still works but i don't know if i'm being paranoid!:(

https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=450688&d=1386455700
I acknowledge your achievement and raise you:

The headphone jack proved itself to be bullet-proof, though.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Really

And I bet no one on here has made up some crap to get their beaten up iPhone swapped for a nice new one on the 11th month of the warranty?

Everyone's a saint.
Actually no, i am sure that some people here have done that but most people seem to have no trouble living by a principle of not stealing from others believe it or not.

There's quite a gap between "being a saint" and fraud. It's not a binary thing.

----------

I agree with both of you.
used to be but they dropped it a few summers ago as Arn et al felt it was distracting. i personally think it cut down on a bit of the intentional trolling but sometimes it is a bit frustrating that you can't down vote some goof's silliness.

----------

Two wrongs don't make a right.
but three rights make a left.

----------

Apple DOES care (as any company does) plus it's morally wrong and border line fraud.
i see nothing borderline about it.

KPOM

macrumors Pentium
Oct 23, 2010
I haven't "drop tested" my Retina iPad mini yet, but my first-gen mini was virtually indestructible. If you aren't experiencing any issues, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
See? This is the kind of post that cracks me up. So Apple producing a screen with a yellow tint is MUCH WORSE than being "morally wrong and borderline fraud".
Damn right it is, what other people do is not my business....I wouldn't personally...but it's their right....and if there are consequences, they must be borne.

I care much more about the state of the product I buy.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
OP, I know it stings but you're gonna sell it next year for the next Retina iPad anyway so just use it and enjoy it. Not like you're gonna hold onto it forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.