Dropped iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Jun 14, 2011.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I dropped my iPhone on concrete tonight it now has two scratches at the corners of the black plastic at the front of the screen scuff marks.

Will it stop the phone from selling when I go to upgrade?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No, but it will decrease resale value by some percent.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

So far I haven't found people to be less OCD when selling used Iphones. I usually look at the prices they are selling for on ebay take off a little since I haveto pay paypal and ebay and sell it on craigslist. usally the 1st person or two grabs it. BTW I meet them in a public place safe for both of us. I wouldn't say anything when you sell it. if they ask about it tell them.

5. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I have seen phones in a worse mess sell on eBay.

But it looks like a new iPhone will come in September. May have to buy a protective case next time.

6. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Seriously. I made the mistake of actually noting a crack in the back of my 3G including how long it was (Thinking this would stop people from using it to haggle, after all, you already knew about the crack when you saw the description and could make your mind up if the price was fair from there).

The guy actually had the gall to bitch about the crack when he saw it (he claimed it was bigger than he had thought when he read the description. I called him on it when I said, "I put the length of the crack in the description!"). Of course you could tell the guy knew how to haggle well :( (he had me meet somewhere that wasn't completely close to me and got me about 10-15 less than what I asked but didn't go so low I would flat out say no). But at that point I had a valid buyer and I had heard of craigslist horror stories so I sold it to him anyways (but that did piss me off when he tried that angle when I made sure to be completely honest so they wouldn't use that to haggle with).