Dropped liquid on MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Hustle, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Last night, I dropped half a pint of water mixed with orange over my MacBook Air. I turned it off and left it over night, at first it wouldn't charge, but after leaving it a few more hours, it's switched on and charging, however the fans are at 100% as soon as it's switched on and it's extremely laggy. It took a good few minutes to login. The zoom function on the dock just looks like stop-motion.

It will have a minute or two where the fans go back to normal and there's no lag and it's perfect, then the fans will kick back in at 100% and it goes straight back to lagging.

I've checked the cpu temperature, and the fans shouldn't be anywhere near 100%. It doesn't look like the cpu is overheating.

Any ideas?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

shoulda left it drying for a week, any liquid left in there and you will have burnt the insides of it by turning it on - which it looks like you have - so you may swell throw it out

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What kind of MacBook Air was it?
    And yeah, I'd suggest you let it dry for a bit longer. I mean, that's really the only thing you can do at this point. You're lucky that it even fired up.

4. wpotere Guest

Let it dry? No, turn it off (stop turning it on) and take it in to have it cleaned. That "orange" is acidic and will corrode the logic board if it is in it. IT is likely that the damage is done, but it is worth a shot at seeing if it will survive.