Dropped MacBook, charger port tilting inwards.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Miyukerano, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Miyukerano macrumors newbie

I accidently dropped my MacBook on the side where all the ports are and the port where the MagSafe charger goes into has been pushed inwards. Now when I plug it in, the light is very dim and the MacBook says 'Not charging'. I know it's not the charger because I have tried both my brothers chargers and it didn't work. Do I have to send it to Apple or is there something I can do?

2. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

3. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

you can replace the magsafe jack, it takes around 15 minutes and costs around 30$

it looks like the logic board has to come out, but it doesn't.

there are 2 scews holding it in and there is a small wire that has to be unplugged.

i can give you photo instructions if you would like to try it.

4. Miyukerano thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes please. :)

5. thepaintedman macrumors newbie

I have this exact same issue, could you tell me how to fix it. The local Apple auth repair shop is telling me BEST case scenario 200-300.

6. eman macrumors 6502a

If the OP is talking about the old style macbook, you don't need to remove the logic board. Just pull the keyboard off, take the dc-inboard screw out and push the dc-inboard back into position.
    You can find the disassemble instruction at ifixit.com

7. Adhila macrumors newbie

Charging port pushed in Macbook Pro

Hi

I didnt drop my MacBook Pro but I came home and found it like this after carrying it around in campus, please help. I phoned an Apple Store and they aren't giving me a price but they're telling me they'll have to 'strip' the machine etc and knowing Apple this will cost me alot. If I can fix this myself let me know PLEASE.

----------

----------

Could I have these photo instructions please ?:):eek:

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Picture instructions can be found on ifixtit. Yes, the Magsafe adapter is something it'd be easier to DIY.