Dropped my 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matteo550, Jul 29, 2008.

1. matteo550 macrumors newbie

so i just dropped my 3G and i now noticed a slight clicking sound when i move/shake it up/down. does anyone elses do that or is it from the drop? if so should i take it back and get a new one? everything seems to be working fine

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

You want to return something because you dropped it?

And also, how often do you shake your iPhone up and down?? I would say deal with it since you dropped it. They don't cover accidental damage by the user.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

of course you should take it back. Apple owes you a new $600 phone, because you dropped it. :rolleyes:

Coincidentally you owe me $40 dollars for this advice.

4. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

5. matteo550 thread starter macrumors newbie

i can always make it not work to get a new one is what im saying. i dont know im just paranoid and a little ocd haha

6. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you out of your mind? Just like some people. What makes you think Apple owes you anything? YOU broke YOUR phone not Apple. Take it back and pay the $600 YOU owe for dropping an expensive piece of hardware! The nerve of some people. :mad:

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Actually, that's Apple's Prize rattling around in your brand new 3G iPhone. I would suggest taking it apart and there should be a set of keys to a BRAND NEW PORSCHE '09 in there! LOL (Just kidding) Take it back, and quit playing basketball with it...:eek:

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

So... you're going to lie and steal $600 dollars worth of equipment just because you're mentally unstable. Good logic.

9. matteo550 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

others need to learn how to spell.

11. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

:eek:

It really is amazing how much importance people put on materialistic items.. you're willing to compromise your honor for a phone that you dropped and may have broken..

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I agree ^^^ integrity, once lost, cannot be bought at any price...:(

13. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Some people need to quit trying to get other people to pay for their mistakes. People like you are the reason the rest of us have to pay so much for this stuff. We're paying because you are willing to compromise your integrity. So tell me, why should we take it easy???? You are the one who admitted to contemplating theft. Getting a free phone the way you are describing is theft. So I agree with you. People need to take it easy. People like you. :mad:

14. muldul macrumors 6502

You shouldn't try to take it back for a free replacement, but i would take it in and see how much it would cost for a repair as a rattling sound is not a good sign

15. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

All you need to do is pump as much Gorilla Glue into your iPhone as it can hold. Problem solved.

And I'll do you one better. tuffluffjimmy charged $40, I'll be nice and expect $20 instead.

16. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I also have OCD. I might have the same problem as the OP, I"m not sure. Are you worried about germs from it having been on the ground?

I don't have OCD badly like I used to, but there have been times in my life where if I had dropped a phone on the ground in an area I considered "septic" (that was the word I described most of the world as), I wouldn't have used it again.

OCD is extremely painful. It creates walls where people without it don't see the walls. And it's so painful that it makes people appear lazy or rude or insensitive and I could see the intensity of it causing someone to return an iPhone for a new one.

I am not justifying, only explaining how intense OCD can be.

And of course, he may have meant OCD in a more joking fashion, I'm not sure.

17. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America

From Arrested Development:

Lindsay: Well, they expect a certain amount of theft, Michael. It's built into the price. If I didn't take it, then people would be overpaying for nothing.

18. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

GOB: Come on!

19. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I just bought a new BMW.

Last night i was drinking a lot and was drunk, and i needed to get home because i had work the next morning.

When i was trying to get into my car, while trying to find the ignition, i managed to tear up the interior and scratch up the dash with the key.

Luckily, i could say this was caused by a small raccoon getting in my car while i slept. My insurance company won't know the difference! After all, it was the phouking raccoons fault. Leaving my windows wide open was BMW's fault. They sent me home with the windows down already!

20. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

If you're paranoid you certainly don't want to go and do something like commit fraud by dropping and then totally breaking your iPhone so you can take it back to Apple and tell them it stopped working and get a new one. :eek:

21. DJ88 macrumors regular

Just go to apple and explain them the situation.

My girlfriend dropped my first gen iphone that put a giant spiderweb crack in the corner about 6 months ago, we went to Apple and I explained them the situation nicely and asked what were my options, and without asking they replaced it with a new one for free!

So you never know until you try.

22. stupendusboi macrumors member

Just because you being a retard and dropping your 600 dollar phone, doesnt mean apple should give you a new one. Its people like you that are screwing up america's image, economy and integrity, you turd.

23. wronski macrumors 6502

Yeah but this guy doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

24. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I am going to slightly defend the OP here. Because every time someone does something to their phone they are met with cheers of take it back, and then we are regaled of people telling us how Apple replaced their phone even though they had no reason to do it.

So with all the stories that have been told, why would someone not think it makes sense to take it back. I am for personal responsbility and I think Apple's return policy is one of the reasons their products are much more expensive then their competition, but what is one to do. Everyone has this sense of entitlement and lack of personal responsibility.

I don't know that I could ever break something and then take it back and ask for a clean exchange. I just could not live with myself for doing it, because I broke it and I should accept the responsibility and consequences of it. This is a fundamental part of growing up in the world. When we get out of the stage where Mommy and Daddy make everything right for us. That is essentially what people are doing running to Apple to right their wrongs. They are looking for someone else to fix their messes, thus further retarding their ability to grow up. These forums and other like it though, pound this idea into people that it is not only okay but it is what is expected of you when you break your own equipment.

25. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

important lesson learned here. do not post any thought of ripping off apple on this site unless you are ready to get flamed:p