Dropped my iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jusssstiinnn, Nov 11, 2014.

1. jusssstiinnn macrumors newbie

Hi everybody, hope all is fine.

I was at the gym today, and I was running on the threadmill as it was my cardio day today. Well, I placed my iPhone 6 on the device holder but whilst I was running it fell off onto the threadmill.

There are no visible damages as it was protected by the Spigen Slim Armor case. But I was wondering if any of the internal hardwares will go loose? Anybody enlighten me with good and proper answer? :) Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its possible but unlikely. If the phone is working as you expect it too, then you probably dodged a bullet. :)

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I have a Spigen Slim Armor, seems like a very protective case. As long as everything works ok, you should be fine.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Now, be more careful OP.;)

5. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

This is why I still keep my iPod around. Works great for working out and if I drop it the loss isn't that big.:)

6. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Should be okay, you had a case on it too

7. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

*treadmill.

Lucky you had a case on it, also lucky you didn't trample it by the sounds of things

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'd use Apple Care immediately. Looks like you're in store for some major issues. Did it bend?

9. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

Was never a fan of taking phones into gym.. Rather take an old iPod or something instead

10. jusssstiinnn thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys, thanks for your reply. I noticed that I have distorted sounds when I make a phone call but it does not happen on every call. Common problem or due to my drop?

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had a close call on a treadmill with my iPhone 4 back in the day. Since then, I don't use my iPhone in the gym. Heck, because treadmills are kind of boring and I prefer running outside, I mostly avoid the gym anyways. Only on the rare occasion that the weather is so bad will I use the treadmill.

12. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

You're fine. I've dropped my iPhone 5 numerous times... Still like new.

You didn't loosen anything. If it works, it's fine.

I'm not gentle with my phones at all... if anything was gonna break, it would've been the cosmetics.

13. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Pretty sure that's what shuffles where invented for.:D

14. jusssstiinnn thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I headed down to one of the Authorized Service Provider here in Singapore and they refused to change a set for me. The employee said that if its an hardware issue for the distorted calls, it would happen constantly but not occasionally. Maybe Im just too conscious about my phone..

15. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

I've had a hard time adjusting to the taller phone (iphone 6) not fitting down in my Northface front pocket. It is just tall enough that if I bend down to pick something up it falls out. Has fallen three times now, twice on concrete and once on ceramic tile and I have to say that my spigen neo hybrid has done it's job and my phone doesn't ha e a scratch on it. Feel like I'm dodging bullets though. Going to have to remember to zip that pocket.

16. quickcalibre macrumors regular

quickcalibre

In my opinion, the insides are stronger than the outsides.

17. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

There are no moving parts on these devices. The internals are so tightly packed, it's more likely the chassis would chip or crack before the internals are damaged.

I've dropped my 6 with it's case, it's fine.

18. thingstoponder macrumors 6502

thingstoponder

If anything was wrong you would know. There's no moving parts so the likely hood of something breaking is very low from a short drop. The worst thing you need to worry about is cracked screens and dents.

19. wxman2003 Suspended

The gates of Hades await those that drop their iPhones.

20. jusssstiinnn thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I appreciate all your replies. So far, I've only experienced the distorted sounds twice after I dropped my iPhone. Should I bring it to Apple for a replacement of device or am I just being too conscious?

21. HotIce macrumors regular

My 5S flew off the treadmill(literally) when it actually fell onto the moving part on the treadmill and hit the treadmill behind me. No issues. You're fine, these phones are pretty solid. Apparently, all you have to worry about is bending, LOL!

22. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

You're definitely worrying too much about it. As long as a drop does not result in a broken screen or something similar, then you should be totally fine.

23. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

It'll be fine buddy, however if you are not convinced, just ask Apple for a replacement.

24. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

i was doing inclined bench presses and i decided to go 1 rep over my usual set. well.. i made it 75% through then dropped them on my chest and on to my legs.
    where my iphone 6 was.
    i thought i'd bent it but nope it's good
    these phones are more durable than people give them credit for.

or maybe i just dont lift heavy enough weights lol.....