Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
OP, you do know they make $20 IP67 resistant BlueTooth shower speakers, right? I can't believe how much you abuse your devices. If you don't buy an Otterbox case and quality glass screen protector, I have zero sympathy for you here. SquareTrade is fine, why don't you read the thousands of reviews instead of asking here? You can bring your phone into an Apple store and ST should reimburse the cost. Stop posting and just read the terms of both AC+ and ST, which are stated plain as day on the respective web sites, and get whichever works for you.

This is the 487th started post for the OP:eek:

I remember OP now. I'm not digging through post history but a few years ago he complained that his MBP was defective or Apple wouldn't repair / replace it because the base cover was crooked and the machine wobbled. If I recall, same thing happened years ago. Turns out he did something to the MBP and opened it up and didn't properly screw the base back on, and it was damaged or crooked. Was all user error and not defect. And people took the same attitude toward it back then as we are now in these ridiculous threads, lol. Much love and respect for the OP, however, these threads keep me entertained over AM coffee.

Couldn’t help but think of this guy when I read your posts and username.

If I could give this post 100 likes I would. LOL. Just perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newtons Apple

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
What’s wrong with taking iPhone into shower? Wasn’t there an ad by Apple of a guy doing that so he could listen to songs?

Also, it’s not like I wet it. I just listen to tunes and watch YouTube videos and shows

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Believe it or not I was in the shower and AGAIN my iPhone fell from where I kept it face down, not too far though just a few inches.

I hope I didn’t get any soap residue in the speaker. Kinda paranoid right now.

Will clean it out with microfiber cloth later but it sounds loud and good so should be ok.
Get a much less expensive phone? Like a ‘disposable’ $50 one?

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I just don’t like having to worry about my device.

I want to be able to use it normal, sometimes even without a case, and if something happens then I can get it fixed without having to get a new one.

SquareTrade, for example, SEEMS like a decent solution based on their website and a lot of positive reviews.

Initially I thought I’d skip insurance bc I can get a new one without noticing the expense.

BUT

Given I do drop sometimes I’m thinking it’s better to get insurance for me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

I want to be able to use it normal, sometimes even without a case, and if something happens then I can get it fixed without having to get a new one.

SquareTrade, for example, SEEMS like a decent solution based on their website and a lot of positive reviews.

Initially I thought I’d skip insurance bc I can get a new one without noticing the expense.

BUT

Given the number of not just posts but threads about all kinds of (often enough even somewhat random/roundabout) aspects of dealing with the device, it seems like it all would be more or less the opposite of not having to worry about a device.

Nacket

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Has anyone tried SquareTrade?

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with the company and what all it covers.

Thanks.

BUT

Seems like your question has come full circle without much intervention from anyone on this forum. SquareTrade's website has the most reliable source of information as to what their insurance plan covers. They also have live chat and a phone number you can call as well.

https://www.squaretrade.com/smartphone-warranty

Raist3001

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2012
Right behind you
I purchased Squaretrade for a Samsung TV (1080p) I purchased in 2012. Had a 5 year warranty from Squaretrade purchased at Costco. In year 5 (2017) my TV needed repair. Squaretrade offered me a newer 4K, higher specked TV as a replacement. Blew my mind. They are a great company.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I purchased Squaretrade for a Samsung TV (1080p) I purchased in 2012. Had a 5 year warranty from Squaretrade purchased at Costco. In year 5 (2017) my TV needed repair. Squaretrade offered me a newer 4K, higher specked TV as a replacement. Blew my mind. They are a great company.
Nice. I was pretty much in practically the same boat with the same type of TV from Costco purchased in 2012 with extended 5 year warranty from Squaretrade, and also in the 5th year needed a repair -- didn't get a new TV or anything, but the TV got repaired relatively quickly.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Get AppleCare so you don't have to do through SquareTrade red tape.

You were advised by numerous people to get AppleCare. You have already had several accidents.

What is the point of making threads asking for experienced advice from seasoned members, if you are just going to ignore the advice given a lot of the time, and then seek the same advice after you have had your accident?

If you can't make up your mind when it comes (and continue to be clumsy) to expensive electronics...
1) Consider not buying expensive electronics
2) Stop carrying expensive electronics without protective cases and or get AppleCare
3) Seek out a professional who can help you better administer your day to day life, as what you have been doing thus far isn't working
4) Keep buying expensive electronics and not worry about it, seeing how you have previously stated that money isn't the issue
5) Consider not making advice threads until you are willing to accept sound advice when it is given.

*** Food for thought***

The last thing a person who has trouble making basic day to day decisions should do, is ask complete strangers (with varying personal, financial and product history) what to do You get 6 more different avenues to ruminate over in a mind that couldn't make a decision with one voice talking.

You really need to start learning how to make decisions on your own. If you keep asking others to do your inner work for you, you are going to stay stuck inside yourself. It is akin to being stuck on a merry-go-round that never stops and never really goes anywhere but over the same ground time and time again.

When a decision needs to be made, get some paper or spreadsheet, and make several columns (Need, Want, Positive, Negative, Alternative, Financial Outcome and Liability etc) Put the item(s) you think you want or need in the appropriate columns and then look at the end result financially and usage wise. Then make your decision.
The op might like square trade

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.