Dropped my Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dball4, Oct 26, 2016.

1. dball4 macrumors regular

Today I had an accident with my MBP I dropped it on some concrete, I'm normally super careful with my devices but this was the first time I dropped and damaged my mac. I have no choice now and have to get a new mac. So I guess I'm curious to see what tomorrow brings, horrible timing on my part. When do we think the new macs will be out? Soon?

EDIT:
    Wanted to add that I feel horrible about this, any advice on the future?

2. powertoold macrumors 6502

Do you just carry your Macbook in your arms while walking or what? I always use a backpack, so I haven't dropped mine yet.

3. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

My advice for the future would be to check recent threads before making a new one.

4. dball4 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I usually do, it literally just happened as I was putting my mac away. I was so caught up in the moment and upset that I made the post

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Your fine. Tragic moment like this deserves its own thread.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

At least your emphatic to his situation versus other posters who are condescending and rude.

7. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Does it still power on? If so, someone can probably use it as a desktop. Just hide it away from view somewhere.

8. leman macrumors 604

Don't drop it :)

I also dropped my Mac recently, and I think it was even more dramatic, because it make a big dent in the new parquet in my rental apartment :( Probably will cost me more then a Mac when I move out. The laptop is fine though.

9. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I'd say it's excellent timing if you must drop a MBP. ;) Now you won't need to buy a new Mac with very outdated components.

10. pauliet macrumors regular