Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSynth_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Hey, I just received my new iPhone 6s yesterday and was going to buy a case for it today. A few minutes ago I was playing with force touch when I went up to use the restroom. The phone was sitting on my bed.

When I come back, I see my phone lying on the floor beside my bed. Thankfully, the floor is carpet. The bed is about two feet high so the phone took a medium height fall. Everything seems to be working alright externally. I'm worried about what's happening internally. Since the phone had no case, there was nothing to absorb the shock. Should I get a professional to look at the phone or do you guys think it's ok.

There are no dents or marks.
Thanks!
-Alec

DarkSynth_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Look, the phone was plugged into a charger when it fell I'm assuming it fell docking area first. I'm just worried. I just Threw away 749 dollars for this.

DarkSynth_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Dude, you dropped it on the carpet, what's the problem?
I'm sorry, this is my first iPhone lol. I was just worried about the phone absorbing the shock and getting screwed up in the inside. My mistake for starting this thread...

GrumpyTrucker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2014
I'm sorry, this is my first iPhone lol. I was just worried about the phone absorbing the shock and getting screwed up in the inside. My mistake for starting this thread...

There's so little space and that much glue inside these things (and no moving parts for that matter) nothing is ever going to get dislodged in there. As for your charger port, if it still charges it will be fine. If it landed on the cable end while still attached to the phone unless it broke off there'll be no damage. I've done much worse.

Reactions: DarkSynth_

DarkSynth_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Thanks for all of your kind words everybody! *sarcatic*

I guess everything will be alright. Sorry for taking up your time. *Actually sorry*

DarkSynth_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
There's so little space and that much glue inside these things (and no moving parts for that matter) nothing is ever going to get dislodged in there. As for your charger port, if it still charges it will be fine. If it landed on the cable end while still attached to the phone unless it broke off there'll be no damage. I've done much worse.
Thanks for actually a helpful reply. I'm really paranoid about my electronics. This is like the most expensive thing I own right now.

Have a nice day.

Cuniac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Phoenix
Since it fell on carpet, it would be the same level of impact as if there was a case on it. These iPhone are pretty durable, so if you don't see any physical damage you should be ok :)

Reactions: DarkSynth_

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Hey, I just received my new iPhone 6s yesterday and was going to buy a case for it today. A few minutes ago I was playing with force touch when I went up to use the restroom. The phone was sitting on my bed.

When I come back, I see my phone lying on the floor beside my bed. Thankfully, the floor is carpet. The bed is about two feet high so the phone took a medium height fall. Everything seems to be working alright externally. I'm worried about what's happening internally. Since the phone had no case, there was nothing to absorb the shock. Should I get a professional to look at the phone or do you guys think it's ok.

There are no dents or marks.
Thanks!
-Alec

Congrats on your new first phone and welcome to the forums.

First, your phone is fine. It really takes a lot to mess these things up and that's from falls directly on concrete, pavement and gravel. On carpet, it's a non issue. The odds of a phone falling charging port first are 1% as it would not physically be "natural" for it to fall that way. It either fell on it's side or front/back. Either way, your internals are fine. There is nothing that can happen internally.

So, don't worry about it. It's like a new car that you baby and don't want to get scratched but it always does. Once it gets that one scratch, drop or the like, you're good. If you're going to get a case, get one, slap it on there and enjoy your awesome phone!

Again, welcome!

Kris

Reactions: misterwilson
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.