iPhone XS Max Dropped xs max on tiles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mustu, Nov 9, 2018.

1. verdejt macrumors 6502

verdejt

you could try some toothpaste, not the gel kind but the old fashion kind and try to buff it out.

2. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Put a case on it and forget about it.

3. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

That way u will remove the grey coating. Only works with the silver model

4. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

My Max came out of the box and right into a case and screen protector.
    I dropped it twice so far zero scratches.

5. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

If I dropped a phablet-sized iPhone with front and rear glass on to tile and only got scuffs, I'd consider myself lucky.

6. bushman4 macrumors 68020

the Xs MAX is not designed to be a fall resistant iPhone. If it was Apple would brag about it. The Xs Max is glass and a bit too top heavy which doesn’t bode well in a fall
    Best solution is to get a good case and screen protector
    While I wouldn’t call it delicate it’s certainly breakable

7. jagolden macrumors 6502a

jagolden

I see so,e people only use thier cases intermittently. The 3 different cases I had on my 6S Plus were so tight to get on or off I was honestly afraid of bending the phone.

My Max is definitely in a case, Zizo Bolt. Has just the right amount of grip but not bulky like the Otterbox Defender(?) brick. Slightly raised front to protect face down screen and cut-out on back for those that like to advertise what they use. It also fits nice and snug, but not so tight you can’t get it off without snapping the glass. Also have screen protector on front but the best wasn’t available day after I got it and didn’t want to wait. May change it now that the better one is available.
    However, it is just so beautiful naked, I was tempted to try it without.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

As an XS Max owner, I would have to disagree, I think the Max is incredibly well-balanced from top to bottom. And I say this being something that I would actually notice any type of Imbalance. Actually, I would say one of the most understated Tendencies about the Max, is how well balanced it feels in the hand and you would think it would be ‘overly heavy’ by looking at it, but actually it isn’t because of the weight distribution.

Even reading throughout this forum, others have commented on this, which I think takes away from some of the intimidation of such a large iPhone.

9. zx128k macrumors regular

zx128k

10. MacCheeseLai macrumors member

MacCheeseLai

Put it in a case and get Apple care. It’s the most expensive phone of the entire line and it seems to be the most fragile.

11. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

Picture please

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

Same here. I had a screen protector and a case from the beginning. I’ve dropped my Xs Max several times already and it’s still in as new condition.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 11, 2018 ---
    I agree it’s not top heavy. However I disagree that it’s not heavy. It’s the heaviest phone I’ve owned so far and for me much more prone to be dropped and in fact I’ve dropped it several times. Now I’m not clumsy and I’ve never had that problem before I got my X and now Xs Max.

13. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

ewww Id totally sell that thing. I mean who would want to look at the tini tiny scuffs on the frame. I hope your friends dont make fun of you for wanting to get a new phone for that.
    Really though I hope you're kidding if you think you should sell that phone and buy a new one for that reason.
    I need a nap

14. pbateman macrumors 6502

You kid...but on my Iphone 7 i used Sharpies to cover up those kind of small chips/scratches and did a pretty good job of hiding them. Eventually the marker wears off and you have to reapply but works surprisingly well