Dropping Verizon and getting the Iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Dec 6, 2009.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Cannot wait for June! I figured i'm 19 can pay my own bills while my family stays with Verizon. The iphone has everything I need.

2. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

Congrats! Just make sure and get the new one (next gen.) and not the old one (new gen.)

3. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Yeah I figured that. I'll just wait until June and get whatever new one comes out. I'm just sick of Verizon screwing me over with GPS on my blackberry tour and I have to use google maps to find my location plus I only have like 15 apps on my Blackberry but have like 40 on my ipod touch.

4. Goona macrumors 68020

Goona

Dude don't you know you won't get 3g on your iphone anywhere, you will constantly drop calls on AT&T's useless network?

5. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

Don't listen to this guy, it all depends on your area.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Another clueless Verizon fanboy eating their propaganda.

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Another person who can stay on Verizon's old and weak network/phone selections and that's good because we will not have another iPhone wannabe clogging up our AT&T/iPhone network...I switched bc Verizon's phones suck, their network is old, and the reason they have better coverage now is they are the only ones on their network, as the world is GSM, it will be interesting to see if they were on GSM and had an iphone what the complaints would be. They dictate to their phone vendors what they will allow on their network, they just started allowing phones with Wifi, pathetic.

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

There's a lot of Kool-Aid on being drunk by both sides of the spectrum in this thread.

9. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I never call friends only text them lol. I only call relatives but I use like 100 mins a month. I mostly text and use the internet and use apps and stuff.

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Actually, the hilarious thing is that there's only one side in this thread.

Goona is well known as the biggest ATT and Apple fanboy around here. He was clearly trying to be sarcastic with his 3G comment.

So all we have right now, are people mistakenly attacking their own.

11. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Congrats! I wish I could spend $80-170 per month on my current job.

12. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I get paid weekly. Work over 30 hours a week, yet I only make 8.50 just a third of my first week check of the month will pay for my iPhone bill.

13. aristotle macrumors 68000

aristotle

Wow. That is some real dedication. As much I like Apple products, are you sure that an iPhone would be the right thing for you right now?

Do you have enough money for food and rent?

I cannot talk about my compensation because it is a combination of salary and bonuses and the amount must remain confidential but I would never own an iPhone if I could not afford it easily.

14. maceleven macrumors 6502

You Got fight for your right to Party

Yeah The iphone is great, i currently have the 32GB 3GS my second one i lost my first one and paid the $760 twice because i do not want to renew my contract with At&T until i see whats coming out in 2010 , The iPhone has a great resale value so i did not mind spending the $760 the first time around but when i lost my iPhone a few months back i just had to have it my iPhone back all most cried but no tears came out !:cool:

yeah sure it drops calls which phone does not ?

I get 3G service most of the time

15. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I'm 19, still live with my parents, go to college, just pay 2000 a year for car insurance and also pay for college books. I make over 7k a year as part time but that's not anything worth bragging for. The way I see it, I work hard enough and make enough money for the iphone why not just get one instead of salivating at Apple Stores saying I wish I had one.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Clearly anyone reading it without knowing him would not take it as sarcastic.

17. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Humm... dude, not cool. Your experience =/= OP's experience or entire network....

Also, add the equivalent of 90Milion BlackBerry users on Verizon's all so powerful network and watch in crumble to the ground... just saying, the wireless EM spectrum isn't infinite.

18. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Good move! Verizon can screw it especially with their new extremely high ETFs and phantom fees.

Also for the fact that they chose CDMA instead of GSM and waited until now to do something. The bright side is that now with Verizon on a GSM-type standard (LTE), the US will no longer be an outcast in terms of cell phone networks, well other than regional CDMA and WiMax. Bah, its getting too late and I bet none of this actually made sense.

19. Mike Macintosh macrumors regular

Mike Macintosh

I work 20-25 hrs a week, and I am on the basic plan, with 200 text and only paying $60 a month, of course I do get 20% off from the place I work each month, so I just put $20 on my phonebill a week and not all at once and can still afford rent and food.

20. applefool macrumors member

applefool

didn't read all the responses, but verizon is supposed to have iphone rights next year.

21. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

After seeing commercials and stuff. I really doubt it. AT&T's exclusivity ends in MAy I believe so they may have an announcement in June.

22. bks691 macrumors regular

Wow, maybe a little delusional? Verizons network can't handle the load that the iPhone would generate. My Blackberry has a rough enough time as it is on Verizon. They may have more coverage than AT&T but the quality of their network sucks!

23. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

The only thing from me stopping from getting an iphone in June is no physical keyboard. I had an LG Dare and that sucked for texting, and I have the blackberry tour now and i'm real fast with that but I wonder how fast I can go on the iphone. I guess when I go to the Apple store on fifth avenue this weekend i'll find out.

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, test it out.
    Cant compare the LG Dare touchscreen keyboard with the iphone.