Duct tape "skin"-- need opinions!

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
So here's the story... I was listening to music with headphones, and I stood up from my desk, and I forgot about the headphones. I tripped on the headphone cable :eek:, and as I watched in horror as my brand new (2.4 ghz, 4gb ram, Nvidia 320m) MBP fell to the floor with no more than a humble "bang.":( It works perfectly normally, as it was in my clear speck case, but the corners on the left are slightly bent, and there is that "scratched" look on the corners, because of the fall. I decided to put a duct tape "skin" on it, to cover up the warped corners and scratches. I put the "skin" under the clear speck case, and I think it looks great, but I would like your opinions. Thank you in advance! :)

By the way, I am a 15 year old guy, so this is something that would probably appeal to a younger "audience."

Attachments

EstrlM3

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2010
looks pretty bad design wise but you cant see any damage. so just depends what your going for :)

also it doesnt matter if we like the look, it's your macbook.

Sanderr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
why would you want to cover up the scratches? to get more chicks?
I wouldn't mind walking around with a scratched mbp, still a nice computer.

devils punchbow

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2010
Do yourself a favor. Remove the tape. It makes a nice machine look really bad. Scratches, and dents always build character. Provide survival stories as well.

Though in the end it's your machine. So others opinions don't really matter.

jmdMac

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
Alaska
It looks nicer in better lighting conditions. Though, I appreciate your constructive criticism. :) Sorry for the glare in the attached picture.
Definitely not for me, but if YOU like it, that's all that matters!
That being said, I'm sure my little sister would LOVE the design! :D

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
To each their own. If you like it, that's all that matters. I think it looks awful.

At least you can have Christmas all year round now.....

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
those dents were not even that bad.. you could have just sold that clear speck case on ebay and got a new colored one dude.

That was a lame hack skin job.
HAHAHA
It does look better now though.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
those dents were not even that bad.. you could have just sold that clear speck case on ebay and got a new colored one dude.

That was a lame hack skin job.
HAHAHA
It does look better now though.
i had a colored case, but i returned it, because it was ****ing ugly