Due for an upgrade this July

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Jun 2, 2011.

  1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    May 23, 2010
    #1
    Hey guys been reading up on all the rumours of wwdc 11 and it seems almost a guarantee that there will be no new iPhone announcement. Which brings me into a really poor dilemma, I'm gonna need a phone, and I was really hoping to upgrade to the new iPhone since I have skipped for so long the iPhone 4 gen however since apple may have abandoned their yearly update cycle I am stuck with what to do?

    Make the plunge for an iPhone 4? Or continue to wait?

    PLEASE NO ANDROID SUGGESTIONS I HAVE PLAYED WITH EVERYTHING ANDROID FROM NEXUS S TO GALAXY S II, I JUST PREFER THE IPHONE SOFTWARE/EXPERIENCE

    Thanks guys

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
     
  2. gchhour macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    #2
    Honestly I would wait, just hold it out a little longer until they release the next iphone. Why go to the iphone 4 when its already been out for a while now?
     
  3. daleycss macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2010
    #3
    i am in the same exact situation as you and it sucks. I have an upgrade in July, and i was thinking if it is released in September, I might just wait. I wouldn't be able to stand being outdated in a month or two. So if you truly absolutely need it, go and get it. But if you can really stand it for a few more months, I would do the same thing I am going to do. I will wait for the next iPhone to be released in September.
     
  4. wordoflife macrumors 604

    wordoflife

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    #4
    Depends what phone you have right now. If it's anything relatively modern, iPhone 3GS or up, Android 2.2 or up, or WP7 then I'd wait.

    If its an iPhone 3G, I'd probably wait too. However, if you have a dumb phone maybe you want to buy now.
     
  5. aneftp macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2007
    #5
    Well I "need" to upgrade every 12 months since my line qualifies for for an upgrade every 12 months with ATT.

    If no new iPhone I will probably get new whatever super Android phone subsidized (maybe Galaxy S 2) (hopefully super cheap) like at Costco wireless and immediately resell it for profit.

    Take profit, and I will just buy iPhone 5 off craigslist. That way I keep my upgrade every 12 months. Everyone month I don't upgrade, I am losing valuable time towards my next 12 month upgrade.
     
  6. AmereckanPsycho macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    #6
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I'm in a similar situation. I have a 3GS and my 2 year contract expires on June 18th. If there is no surprise announcement about the next iPhone at the WWDC, I will be getting an iPhone 4 on Verizon. I'm tired of waiting.
     
  7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

    RafaelT

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2010
    Location:
    Lakeland, FL
    #7
    At the very least wait until the WWDC just in case.

    If no iPhone is announced, the iPhone 5 is rumored to be a relatively minor update, I would go ahead and just get the 4 now. That way when the 6 comes out which will probably be more of a major update, you are closer to your next upgrade time.
     

Share This Page