Duel Monitor problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CurtisEnergizer, Jan 3, 2010.

1. CurtisEnergizer macrumors member

I setup duel monitor with my MacBook and i was going through the settings and i clicked on mirror displays and it did this [​IMG]

And i cant click on any thing. and i have tried to fix it in Safe mode but it does that same thing.:confused:

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Sorry - I have images of LCDs wielding Light Sabers.

(it's "dual", not "duel")

Now that that's out of the way - your embedded image didn't make it. Can you describe what happened (and maybe try again on the embedded image)?

3. CurtisEnergizer thread starter macrumors member

Ok I pluged in my Monitor into my MacBook then I went into system preffs and I clicked on the mirror display button then both of screens had this weird lines but I can still see my mouse and I can't tell what I'm clicking so I'm stuck with it :(

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Try resetting the PRAM. Restart the machine with the cmd-opt-P-R keys held down until you hear a 2nd startup chime. Then release and allow it to boot. Hopefully, that'll get you going again.

5. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

the image i see is of a compaq laptop with a messed up screen on a dual monitor.

that is not a macbook.

6. CurtisEnergizer thread starter macrumors member

I tried to that but it didint work. Nothing happened.

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

That's because (as mentioned) it's not a MacBook.

If you can get to its BIOS and set the video back to a default (VGA), that might work. Otherwise, your best bet is to find a PC forum and search for help with that particular Compaq.