Duel Montors for 2 Computers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brigog, Sep 15, 2009.

1. brigog macrumors newbie

Ok, so here is my problem. Currently I have a PC with two 23" Wide screen Monitors. Now I just ordered a new Macbook Pro which I would like to be able to easily hook up to the monitors at home for when I do graphic work. What I am looking for is something like a KVM switch were I can flick a switch or turn a knob to switch my duel monitors from my desktop to my laptop. I would also like the ability to have my keyboard/mouse switch over from my desktop to laptop as well but my main concern is the monitors. Now both of the 23" Monitors currently connect to my PC via DVI. So The Switch needs to have output for 2 DVI but also must have Input for 2 DVI (from PC) + an input from the laptop that can be split to do duel monitors. Can anyone please tell me what I need or perhaps drop a link to the item I am looking for as I have yet to find it.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would at least think that for the keyboard and mouse, a simple USB switcher from MonoPrice?

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Just Google "dual DVI KVM switch" and make sure it's n <> 2 port (dual-port DVI). I found quite a few units.

I hate to be the grammar Nazi here, but you probably would have had a better time searching using the correct word: "dual".

"Duel" evokes imagery of two 20" LCD's duking it out with Light Sabers.

4. brigog thread starter macrumors newbie

Did more research and found this article: Matrox DualHead2Go which boasts it can do what I want as far as having 2 external monitors for my laptop but I guess I still need a KVM switch to swap between the two. Though im not sure they make a KVM switch with duel DVI in on one side and Single the other while having Duel DVI output.

5. brigog thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn grammar Nazis, but any who. Please look at this link and tell me if you believe this would work in conjunction with the other item I listed above.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

7. brigog thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

The irony abounds.