Dust under screen, try for an exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Reach9, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Hey guys

I recently had my iPhone 3G replaced due to a dead battery, however the new one i received now has dust under the screen. Should i go to the local Apple Store to get a replacement?
    Also, is there anyway i can try to get it replaced with an iPhone 3GS? Has anyone been able to get that done?

Btw, i'm within my 1 year warranty from the battery upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. AMDENCO macrumors regular

same thing happened to my old 3gs. i took it to apple, they looked at it. Came out with a refurb unit!

3. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

Thanks for the reply!
    But can i get an iPhone 3GS replacement from my iPhone 3G? I don't want to waste a hardware upgrade, and was wondering if anyone negotiated that before.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There's a small possibility if they do not have iPhone 3G in stock. I wouldn't count on it.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I was thinking the same.

The first time I took my 3G in it just had dust under the screen and they did a 10 minute cleaning. The second time I took it in it had dust and HAIR under the screen and the genius gave me a replacement at the first glance (it was pretty bad). I sold that one jailbroken with the iOS 4 beta on eBay (it was perfect) and paid for my iPhone 4. :D

6. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Heck while you're at it, why not try for an i4? If you wanted a 3gs why didn't you buy a 3gs?

They should replace the phone for dust under the screen but getting a 3gs..... bwahahahahahahah :rolleyes:

7. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

You sound pretty immature.

I asked that because i heard some people who got their iPhone 3G replaced with an iPhone 3GS, so i was wondering if anyone here had a similar experience.

Anyway thanks for the comments everyone else, i'll drop by the Apple Store in the next few days!