DVD copy problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ladyhrvy, May 22, 2009.

1. ladyhrvy macrumors member

I copied a program from an 8-track to DVD recorder in combo with my TV. The resulting DVD was finalized and plays well in DVD player but will not play in the MacBook so I cannot copy it. I need a way to fix this so I can do a copy for a friend. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Marie

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Toast can do an full copy - doesn't matter if it's playable or not. But.....

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking your DVD recorder could be one with special copy protection "SONATA". I ran into this a few years ago and the only solution to get at the VOB was using "DVDFabDecrypter" (which, unfortunately requires Windows).

3. ladyhrvy thread starter macrumors member

Toast did copy the original DVD but would not do an actual physical copy of the DVD using the external drive. The Wondershare DVD Ripper looks like the DVDFab Decrypter but wonder if y ou've heard anything about Wondershare for Mac app?? Thanks for answering! I've been with Macs nearly as long as you.:)

4. ladyhrvy thread starter macrumors member

Copying problem

Used DVDFab on daughter's Dell to copy the disk - then used MTR on my McBook to convert that disk content to the format that would allow burning on the external burner. Worked like a charm. A little more trouble but it solved the problem.

Marie